Corbyn - Tourettes

Tourette's Syndrome - A nervous system disorder involving repetitive movements or unwanted sounds.

My best friend has this so I wrote it loosely based off of her. I hope y'all enjoy this one. 💛💛

Corbyn knew that he should be taking his medication more. He just keeps forgetting. His mom used to remind him everyday until he moved out, then Christina would call every morning but she is on tour and has more important things to worry about right now.

Corbyn was in the car on the way to an interview when he realized he forgot his medication. He instantly grew agitated and cleared his throat. The boy tried to stop the jerk of his head but he felt pain when he tried to fight the sudden movements. He clenched his jaw and fists. He felt his nails digging into his palms. It was torture to himself.

You would think after being in this band and knowing the boys for so long that they would know. But they don't. I mean they did but they don't really know how bad it can get. Every time that Corbyn had forgotten he was able to go back and take his medication. Today he wasn't able to. They were literally a couple of blocks away from their destination. He knew the boys would never turn back.

He looked to his lap as he felt his eyes blink rapidly and roll back into his head. He let out a shaky breath and then a quiet whistle. He cleared his throat hoping that the boys wouldn't notice. Luckily they didn't.

He leaned his head back into the head rest and closed his eyes. His leg was bouncing up and down as his hands shook. Corbyn was nervous. The fans didn't know that Corbyn had this. People often look down on or think less of people like him. Corbyn didn't want that.

Corbyn felt another coming as he clenched his fist again. This time he broke the skin. Luckily he was wearing all black today. He also couldn't hold it in this time. His head jerked to the right almost hitting the window and then rolled from side to side.

This time the boys noticed.

"You alright back there bud?" Jack turned around in the passenger seat.

Corbyn involuntarily cleared his throat and blinked his eyes rapidly. "Yeah I'm fine. I just forgot to take my medication today."

The boys just waved it off after that. Corbyn knew they would especially after he said he was fine.

Corbyn felt another coming so he clenched his jaw and fists. He let in a quick breath as he felt the pain in his hands. He couldn't hold it back as his head jerked to the left and then he let out a loud whistle. That made the boys all look at him. Corbyn just looked at his hands that were now in his lap.

"Are you sure you're okay? I've never seen them be this bad befor-." Daniel was cut off by Corbyn letting out another whistle and snapping his fingers on his left hand.

"I don't know guys. When I take my medication I almost never have vocal tics and my physical ones are at a minimum. They haven't been this bad since like middle school." Corbyn was getting worked up and the boys could see it. The faux blond knew that the tics would only get worse when he was stressed or upset. He was trying not to have that happen. He clenched his jaw and fists again. This time he could stop this one.

He let out a breath of relief and unclenched his hands. He let them rest in his lap. He almost forgot they were bleeding until Zach said something.

"Dude your hands are bleeding. Are you sure you're okay because we can go back or send someone to go get your pills for you."

Corbyn couldn't help but let the tears fall out of his eyes. He knew that this interview was going to be hell for him and he didn't want it to suck for the boys too. Corbyn's head jerked to the right and then he leaned back and rested his arm over his eyes.