Jachary - Sick

For readingonly12345

Jack and Zach had been planning this day for weeks. They just needed to get Jonah, Corbyn, and Daniel out of the house long enough to pull it off. Then, like a miracle, the perfect day arrived. Somehow on the same day the boys had the day off, a new Harry Potter movie came out, a space museum opened, and Daniel had entered a contest to see who could play the most instruments. It was perfect...

The one thing Jack didn't plan on was being sick.

When he woke up in the morning, his head was pounding. Jack sneezed five times in a row before falling back onto his bed, exhausted. His throat burned and his stomach rumbled uncomfortably. Why did he have to be sick today?

Jack knew that if the boys found out he was sick, they would cancel their plans to take care of him. He couldn't let that happen. So Jack just decided to pretend he wasn't sick.

Easier said than done. As Jack stood up, the room spun and he stumbled. Rubbing his eyes, Jack made his was shakily to the bathroom. He looked at himself in the mirror. His face was flushed and there was no way to hide the bags under his eyes.

Deciding to just splash some water on his face, Jack finally began his journey downstairs. Here's where the real acting had to come in.

"Morning Jack!" Jonah was way too happy for the morning.

Jack swallowed painfully, "Morning." His throat ached but he hid a wince.

Daniel had already left, and Jack knew he wouldn't be back till 5. Zach sat on the couch and gave Jack a meaningful glance when he walked in. Jack knew it meant, We have to get Corbyn and Jonah out.

"So," Zach's voice was raspy, "Jonah, what time's the movie?"

"I'm leaving in 30 minutes cause I'm dropping Corbyn off." Jonah answered, "Are you sure you two will be ok here alone all day?"

Jack would have rolled his eyes if his head didn't hurt so much, "I'm an adult Jo."

Jonah shook his head, "I know that. I'm gonna go make sure Corbyn's actual getting ready. He probably fell asleep again." Jonah took off up the stairs.

The next half an hour was painful as Zach and Jack waited for the boys to leave. Jack was feeling progressively worse. Somehow, Zach failed to catch on the way Jack winced every time he swallowed or the fact that he had wrapped himself in a blanket even though it was the middle of a LA summer.

Finally Jonah and Corbyn pulled out of the driveway and drove away. Zach didn't move for a minute. Jack assumed he was making sure they were gone. 

Zach slowly peeled himself off the couch, "I'll take the upstairs." He wasn't as enthusiastic as Jack thought he would be, after all this was his idea. It all started when Zach saw something on Instagram about moving all the furniture 5 inches to the left so people keep bumping into things. He naturally wanted to test it out, so Zach got Jack in on it and now here they were.

Zach made his way upstairs and Jack tried to start moving the furniture. He started with the lighter stuff first, but even still he felt exhausted. Chills wracked his body as he moved on to the couch. Moving the couch on a regular day would be hard, but now it was almost impossible. Jack's body screamed at him as he pushed the couch over. He slumped back and fell on the ground. 

Jack's arms were shaking and sore. He pressed a hand to his stomach as nausea filled him. Jack needed a break, or even better, medicine.

Luckily Zach walked down then claiming he was going out to get a ruler so they could make sure everything was 5 inches. Jack knew there was a ruler in the house, but he failed to tell him that. If Zach was gone, that meant he could sneak out and get some medicine.

Jack told him he might go get some food, in case Zach came back and he wasn't there. Then he got in the car and drove to the nearest drug store and walked inside.

With every step Jack wanted to fall over. He could picture vomit rising up his throat trying to come up... The thought alone almost got Jack sprinting to the nearest bathroom, but he was able to push the sick feeling down. 

He reached the aisle and grabbed a bottle of ibuprofen. Jack turned to go and walked straight into someone, "Sorry." He mumbled and started to walk away when he realized he recognized the stranger, "Zach?"

Zach turned around with wide eyes, "Jack? What the hell are you doing here?"

Jack was about to make up a lie when he noticed, Zach was in a sweatshirt just like him. His nose was bright red and his face pale. He looked dead tired.

"Are you sick?" Jack asked softly.

Zach hesitated and then nodded. Why hadn't Jack noticed his best friend was sick? He was too busy focusing on his own sickness. 

"I am too." Jack admitted, "Can we just go home?" A dull ache was forming in his stomach and he wanted to be home if he threw up.

The two boys bought the medicine and drove home. When they got to the house they put on High School Musical and cuddled on the couch.

Halfway through Ryan and Sharpay's audition, Jack ran to the bathroom. Zach, who was half asleep, shook himself awake and went after him. He was greeted with the sight of Jack spewing his brains out into the toilet.

The sight was enough to send Zach down and he soon found himself in the same predicament over the sink. Warm vomit traveled up his throat and splattered into the sink. Zach groaned and clutched his stomach.

The two boys didn't even realize Jonah and Corbyn had gotten home until they heard Corbyn's shout, "Oh my god!" and then he darted out of the room.

Jonah ran over to them, "Shit." He rubbed Jack's back gently, "It's ok, let it all out."

Zach let out a painful moan and Jonah hurried to him. Jack sat back on his heels, finally done throwing up. Spit dangled from his mouth and his eyes were went with tears. 

Corbyn came back with two cold washcloths. He gave one to Jonah who wiped Zach's face as he got sick. Corbyn came over to Jack and pressed it into his forehead.

The washcloth felt soothing against his heated skin. Jack closed his eyes, exhausted. 

Somehow he ended up back on the couch. Jack couldn't remember how he got here, but he didn't really care that much either as he snuggled into the blankets. Through lidded eyes, Jack watched as Jonah carried Zach to the couch. He bumped into the coffee table as he came in and a smile ghosted Jack's face.

Zach was placed next to Jack and the two sick boys cuddled close to each other. Zach fell asleep as soon as he was comfortable. Everything was foggy, but Jack knew Zach and that made him feel safe. 

Within seconds, Jack fell into a feverish sleep next to his best friend.

 WOw this is so bad im so sorry. Thanks school for making me forget how to write. Also had some technical difficulties so I had to rewrite everything after I was DOnE with it. 

Thanks for reading my crapppp! Love youu

-Julia jackxrobertxavery