8: The Planned & the Unplanned

-Tom's Point of View-

My alarm blared into my ears and I shot up in my bed. I quickly grabbed my phone and shut it off, groaning. This was the worst part of morning talk show shoots- waking up early. I slowly dragged myself out of the bed and shuffled over to the bathroom. I did my usual business and then went to brush my teeth. I could hear my phone ring in the room. With my toothbrush in my mouth, I darted out and ran to grab it. I answered the call, yanking the toothbrush out of my mouth, toothpaste foaming around the edges.

"Hullo?" I muffled out.

"Tom? Are you okay?" Jeff asked.

"Yeh, huld on..." I ran to the bathroom and spit out what I had in my mouth. "Sorry, I was brushing my teeth."

"Oh, okay. Well, I was just calling to make sure you were awake."

"Yeah, I set my alarm for five a.m."

"Good, good. I've received instructions to take you to grab breakfast before we head to the studio."

"Oh, alright! I'm just going to get dressed. It should take maybe, five minutes?"

"I'll head downstairs and pull the car forward."

"Good deal. See you soon."

"Alrighty!"

Jeff hung up and I finished up brushing my teeth. I quickly brushed through my hair and went to change. After changing, I pulled on my shoes, grabbed my room key and sunglasses, and left the room. In the lobby, I could see the car pulled up by the door. I slipped on my sunglasses and walked out. Jeff met me at the back door and opened it for me.

"Would you like anything in particular today, Tom?" He asked as I got in.

"Um..." I thought for a second and then remembered Harrison's Instagram story. "I would love a good breakfast sandwich, actually."

"Alright! There's a breakfast joint around the corner. We can stop by there."

I nodded, thanking him as he shut the door. I looked at my phone and decided to text Harrison.

Me: Hey Haz, any news?

I sent the message and waited for his response. Instead of a reply, I got a call. I answered it and pulled the phone up to my ear.

"What's up, Haz?"

"Hey, mate! Okay, so I called your agent and tried to arrange some things. I saw that you had two days off later this month so I managed to push the events you had set for this weekend to those days. It was hard to arrange Saturday's meeting but I was able to squeeze it in before your interview next Saturday. It'll be an early morning one."

I know I just complained about not liking early mornings, but for once, I was grateful for this one.

"Awesome! So... it's a go?"

"It's a go, mate!"

"You are the absolute best, Haz!"

"I also have another surprise awaiting you, so it should be fun!"

"What? You didn't mention anything other than what we were planning."

"I know! But I made another call and arranged something else and it just worked! It's going to be great!"

"Well, I won't question you! You have done so much!"

"What are friends for?"

"So what are you up to now?"