20: The Countdown

Hiiiiiiii!

I'm back!

Actually, I've been here, writing, I just wasn't ready to publish any chapters. I kind of lost myself for a little. I'm so sorry I was gone for so long and completely dropped off the face of the Earth! Life is just life! But welcome to a new chapter, which I've had written since March. Crazy, right? It's September. Holy cow. Typing that out, I feel bad again. I'm so sorry. I missed you guys, though! Seeing your comments really helped me keep going. And thank you to those who checked up on me! I appreciate it a lot!

If you read my last note, "I'm alive.", then you saw that I said that this week is REALLY SPECIAL, which is why I had to post this week. I've been so motivated to post THIS WEEK, so that really got the cogs moving. I'll announce what is so special about this week at the end... Or maybe I'll make an announcement on my board... or post another update here with the announcement... I don't know...

GUYS! Can you guess what is so special? Pause for a few seconds and think about it and leave your guesses here:

(my guess is...)

Okay, play time is over. You're ready to read. Onwards. Have fun. Enjoy. :)

----------

-Tom's Point of View-

My heavy eyes opened up, adjusting to the darkness of my bedroom. The glow of the moon peering through my blinds was the only source of light in the room. I looked next to me, Y/N's back facing me. I felt my lips curl up into a little smile at the sight of her. I turned my body against her back, wrapping an arm around her waist, gently pulling myself closer, and closing my eyes. Suddenly, I felt a grip on my arm, and it was brought in tighter. The sound of a sniffle interrupted the silence. It sounded like it came from Y/N...

"Y/N?" I whispered. "Are you awake?"

Y/N's head nodded against her pillow, another sniffle escaping as she pulled my arm tighter against her.

"Are you okay..?" I asked.

She shook her head.

"Can you turn to me?"

There was a short moment when she didn't respond. Just a few more sniffles. She finally started turning, slowly. I lifted my arm to allow her to completely face me. My eyes met hers, which were brimmed with tears, some that had already been rolling down her cheeks.

"Aw, love..." I murmured, scooting in closer and wrapping my arm around her again. I pulled her in closer and she buried her face into my chest, her body shaking slightly as she began to let out her emotions. "What's going on?" I asked, running my hand up and down her back.

She shook her head, burying it even deeper into me. I sighed and kissed the top of her head.

"Do you want to talk about it?" I murmured.

"I... I don't know..." Y/N managed to croak out, her voice muffled against my chest.

"What's on your mind, Y/N?"

She pulled her head back and looked up at me for a second before quickly glancing away again. "It's nothing..."

"I don't want to push, but I know it's not nothing... You're crying, love. I don't like it." I whispered, wiping a tear off her cheek with my thumb.

"I just... Y-... you're leaving soon... and it sucks to think about..." She uttered out, bringing her face back down into my chest.

I took in a deep breath. To hurt already from the idea of leaving her was painful enough, but to see her hurt just killed me. We just got started! Why did it have to end so soon..?