The Girl From The North (Request Chapter #20 Part 12)

A/n- Hi guys. Like usual here's the next chapter I hope you enjoy. I feel there will most likely be one more chapter of this series after this one and a possible epilogue sometime if you all would like one, and if you do comment to let me know. Well then, LETS GO!! :)

Song used - "The Last Battle" by Lukas King Music (I'll let you know in the chapter when to play it)

(Y/N)'s P.O.V

"...(Y/N), you can't give up yet, please. We always have to keep trying...and I know you can do it."

"...Please (Y/N), We can't let him win...I-I can't lose you."

I was groggy when I heard Alphonse's muffled voice talking to me. As I blinked slowly trying to stay awake, I could feel tiny flakes of snow hitting my body as I laid there on the ground.

Feelings had flooded me all at once, feelings I didn't know I ever had before, and the one I feel the most now is helplessness. Helplessness and defeat. I was certain that, after what had just happened, there was nothing we could do now...it was over.

Alphonse's gloved hand barely touched mine while I tried to speak back, my body racked with pain from earlier.

"....I-It's over Alphonse. H-He's just...too powerful with that ring. And I don't stand a chance against him.. Y-You saw what I did...I'm a disgrace to the military. No matter what I tried to do to him I-I was pathetic and usele-"

"Stop it. Don't say that," Alphonse retorted back to me.
The way he said it, it was like he had no doubt what I had said wasn't true. I don't know why, when I couldn't do anything to stop him. Why does he still think I'm useful?

I looked down slightly to watch Alphonse finally be able to clasp his large hand over mine, him looking down at them as well until he stared in my eyes instead. Something came over me where I immediately did the same when he looked away from our hands, only seeing his glowing eyes and the stray pieces of snow falling around his helmet. He kept his hand over mine as he spoke, his echoing voice giving me a sense of comfort despite what was going on.

"(Y/N) you...y-you aren't useless or pathetic. I haven't known you too long yet, but I can already say that you're one of the strongest people I've ever met before. What this man put you through when you were younger was horrible and wrong, and you didn't deserve it....but he didn't defeat you. You've become even stronger despite what you went through back then, and if you ask me I don't think that fits a "pathetic and useless" person..."
Alphonse paused at his joke, making me chuckle a little at him trying to lighten the mood. I don't think I've laughed in a long time.

I watched his helmet slightly redden for just a second as he realized he'd been rubbing his large thumb over my hand before he stopped and returned looking at me.

"B-But um, my point is that, right now..you're the only one who can do this. Brother and I still can't move right now because of the philosopher's stone in his ring, wether it's real or another fake. And Ms. Armstrong and her soldiers are still held back by the rebels' guns, so that just leaves you now. I know you might be scared right now to face him knowing what he did to you...but I know you can win. A-After all, besides Ms. Armstrong, Ms. Hawkeye, or even our teacher, you're one of the scariest girls I've ever met when it comes to fighting," Alphonse chuckled lightly.