Water Break (Request Chapter #23 )

A/n- Hi guys. Like always here's the next chapter that I hope you all enjoy. This one is another request idea sent to me by @LucyHawley , so thanks again girl. Well then, LETS GO!! :)

P.s - You can listen to the background sounds above that I picked if you want to while you read.

Third Person P.O.V

"You can't catch me Al!" Ten year old (Y/N) shouted behind her.

She and Alphonse were doing what they did almost everyday. Playing together. Most of the time Ed and Winry would play Roth them too, usually in hide and see or, like the two were doing right now, tag. But today, it was (Y/N) and Alphonse.

"We'll see about that (Y/N)!" Alphonse remarked back with a smile.

Even though he was starting to get a little tired, The boy couldn't wipe the happy smile on his face as he and his best friend ran through the woods. They'd played in those woods more times than they could count, but they always found a way to make it like they'd never been there before..like it was always a new land to explore.

Alphonse and (Y/N) both took in big gulps of air as they kept running, the golden haired boy gaining close on the (h/c) haired girl.
(Y/N) eventually found herself not being able to run anymore and had to start slowing down her speed, allowing Alphonse to tap her on the shoulder.

"See I told you I would do it!" young Alphonse exclaimed excitedly as he jumped up and down.

(Y/N) was still panting and trying to catch her breath, but she couldn't help but giggle when she watched Alphonse pump his fists in the air proudly.

"(Giggle) Yeah you did, but that's only because... (pant ) I was getting tired," (Y/N) chimed while she bent down and put her hands on her legs, slowly getting her breath back.

"Did you finally say I'm faster than you?" Alphonse teased walking over towards (Y/N).

He smiled as he saw (Y/N) glare playfully at him while he sat down on a large rock. She kept glaring as she took a seat quietly next to him, Alphonse hoping that she didn't see the pink blush on his cheeks.

"I wouldn't say that. It's more like I let you win this time," (Y/N) said looking over at her friend with a smile.

Alphonse looked at (Y/N) before he averted his gaze down to his laugh with a chuckle. He started rubbing his neck, which gave it away to (Y/N) that he was nervous. The two had practically been best friends since birth, so it was always a dead giveaway to (Y/N) when the youngest Elric was nervous.

Alphonse then noticed( Y/N) quickly turn her head to behind their rock, making him do the same.

"What is it (Y/N)? Is something wrong?" Alphonse asked.

(Y/N) suddenly stood up from the large rock and turned to Alphonse, who had now done the same.

"..Do you hear that?" (Y/N) asked turning to Alphonse, pointing to the direction in front of them.

Alphonse turned his attention towards the forest before he made the connection right as  (Y/N) started jogging. It sounded like water splashing.