Quite the Charmer (Request Chapter #25 Part 1)

A/N- Hi everyone! Yes I am still alive and I am back again to bring you all another request chapter that I hope you all enjoy. This particular has been sitting on the shelf for months because I didn't exactly know how to go about writing it, but I kept my promise so here it is. Well then, LETS GO!! :)

Third Person P.O.V

"Well, this must be the place.." Edward said as he looked up from his map of Central and towards the old derelict building.

The place looked as though it had been abandoned for years, judging from the crumbling cement of the walls and some of the window panes being without glass. It was a fairly large building with three floors, taking up a reasonable amount of space on the block. The large wooden door at the front of the building still looked to be in good condition all things considered, just a few chips in it here and there. The most ominous thing about it had to definitely be the crumbling walls, not to mention it was in the middle of the night with the moon shining brightly over the building.

"It definitely fits the Colonel's description," Alphonse remarked as Edward folded the map up and placed it in his coat pocket.

Upon hearing that word, Edward's eyebrow twitched in annoyance.

"That damn Mustang, sending us all the way out here. I mean this place is on the other side of town and not to mention this is probably all for nothing anyway!" Ed grumbled as he and his younger brother walked up the stone walkway of the building and up the concrete steps.

And Edward was right. The crumbling building WAS on the opposite side of Central City that Headquarters was, in the poorer side of the community.

"I know you don't agree with the Colonel most of the time Brother, but he is a smart man and I don't think he'd send us all the way out here if it was for nothing. A-And besides you heard what he said," Alphonse said trying to reason with his brother before he got too angry and woke up the people living nearby.

* Earlier in the evening *

"So let me get this straight, you want me and Al to go and investigate a building that's more than likely empty?" Edward remarked sarcastically at the Colonel as he and Alphonse stood in front of his desk.

Mustang simply smirked smugly at the Fullmetal Alchemsit making him almost blow a fuse right then and there.

"Almost correct Fullmetal. You're correct in that I want you and Alphonse to investigate the building, but I can assure you it's not abandoned; There's been far too many complaints that have been called in over the past few months. People living on the block where the building is located have complained of some of their food going missing. Their trash being raided through.. things like that. And the strangest thing, and the main reason why I want the two of you to go there, is because the residents have all reported a large amount of snakes in the area," Mustang finished as he stood up in his seat.

Edward and Alphonse looked at each other, blinking in surprise at the statement.

Mustang caught the look the boys shared and raised an eyebrow at them.

.....

"What?"

"..Sooo, you want us to be animal control then?" Edward asked in a mixture of confusion and his usual sarcasm.