The Girl From The North (Request Chapter #20 Part 7)

A/N - Hey guys, like usual here's the next chapter that I hope you all enjoy; I'm not exactly sure how much longer this mini-series is going to be, but I really hope you're all liking it anyway. Updates for right now are going to keep being on Mondays probably until school starts back. Well then, LETS GO!! :)

(Y/N) P.O.V.

For a long while, I kept my gaze straight ahead as we made the walk to the village. The snow wasn't falling, but I could tell that the wind had gotten colder since we had started.

As I paid attention to the cool breath coming from my nose and the sound of my boots crushing the snow, I thought back to when we had all been lined up in the fort.

I had grabbed Alphonse's hand. Why? I had never done something like that with anyone, I have never been one for physical contact. For four years, all I have known is fighting and battle. All I know how to do is kill men. So why did I do something like that?

"(Y/N)?"

I turned my head when I heard Alphonse say my name.

I tilted my head not saying a word, telling him that I wanted him to continue.

His glowing orbs widened and I watched as he rubbed the back of his neck as we continued walking.

"I-I um..I-I was just wondering if you're alright?", Alphonse asked.

Part of me was confused as to why he would ask something like that. If anything I would think someone would ask him that instead.

I turned my head back towards the front as I responded.

"I'm not exactly sure why you would ask that Alphonse. I appreciate the concern, but I've dealt with things like this before, sometimes worse. The military has assigned me in the past to assassinate corrupt government officials, underground crime bosses, and terrorists like this Mr. Gent. So to answer your question, yes I am perfectly fine."

There were a few moments of silence after the brief conversation. All I could hear was the cold wind, the stomping of boots, and Edward's teeth slightly chattering from the conditions.

"O-Oh, t-that's true. I-I mean I just meant that...n-not that you can't take care of yourself I was just..." Alphonse added.

I said nothing in the next short pause before he sighed.

"I...(Sigh) N-Nevermind, it's nothing. I'm sorry, I wasn't trying to offend you. Honestly.."

Alphonse didn't say any more after that. I raised one hand towards my chest, my hand pressing down on the fabric of my military coat.

There was a pang in my chest that I couldn't place. I had never felt pains there before, and it only happened after Alphonse spoke.

I feel confused for some reason. A person has never made me feel confusion before, but ever since I met Edward and Alphonse Elric things have been strange. I have felt strange, around Alphonse; He seems to be a trustworthy person, his brother too, so it isn't that. No, this is something different from that. I can't help but wonder, why does he seem so interested in me? People like me aren't supposed to be interesting. I am a sniper of the military. All I know is how to kill. One person shouldn't make my mind so preoccupied or make me do strange things like grabbing their hand for no reason.