Chapter Forty Nine

"Is that (l/n) and Hatake?"

"No way! They were rumored to be dead!"

"The student and Sensei were supposedly together and then they died together!"

"God you idiots obviously they didn't die! They're right there!"

You couldn't help but clench your fists and grit your teeth as the not so quiet whispers filled your ears during your walk back home through the village.

It had been a long time since you last walked these streets, and you didn't think that you'd be welcomed with murmurs of ridiculous rumors.

"I heard she ran away to be with her traitor mother!"

"I heard she attacked Shikamaru because she cheated on her Sensei with him!"

"I heard that she-"

"ENOUGH!!" You finally had enough of it, you heard your heart pounding in your ears and your brain was about to explode from the amount of bull shit it was hearing. "I HEARD that she was kidnapped and tortured to the point she discovered a new, powerful jitsu where she turns into ACTUAL fire and BURNS ANYONE WHO GETS IN HER PATH!!" You continued to scream, your whole body shaking as smoke visibly radiated off of your body.

This caused all the whispering wankers to run off in fear, women grabbing their children and men cowering away into nearby buildings.

"Hmph. Much better." You said to yourself out loud as you sassily made your way back home. You walked up the steps to your front porch, your hand reaching for the knob but to your surprise you stopped just before your hand met the cool spherical metal.

You can't do this.

This place. This was the place that it all began.

Your mom living here then leaving.

Your mom randomly showing up out of no where.

You getting pregnant.

There was just way too many memories flooding your mind at once, causing your head to pound in remembrance and ache in exasperation.

Your hand shot from before the door knob to the bridge of your nose, pinching it in annoyance.

"I can't do this. Not yet.." you told yourself as you turned on your heals, walking back down the steps and away from your house.

You decided to walk to the hospital. After you were summoned awake, well.. more like alive, Sakura demanded you and Kakashi be checked into the hospital and examined.

Much to the nurses dismay, you were healthy as a horse. Especially for someone who was deemed dead. Lady Tsunade came in and checked on Baby GiGi, who was as equally healthy.

They let you go within a couple of hours, but Kakashi however, wasn't as fortunate.

With the sword stabbing straight through his body, multiple organs were sliced through and, though being temporarily healed by the jitsu Sasuke performed, they were bound to cause him problems in the future.

You frowned as you thought of the possibility of losing him again. You knew he'd be happy in the afterlife with his father, but at least the first time you were there with him.

Being dead or alive without him was hell...

You shook your head as you took a deep breath. As you let it out you decided to let out all your worries with it.

There has been too much distress... you just wanted one happy visit..

You smiled at the receptionist as you checked in. She politely told you his room number and you excused yourself as you went off to go find him.