🍒Loose Tooth🍒

Millie🍒

I was walking home from work because my roommate and best friend was working late and couldn't give me a ride to our apartment. I had a pretty tough day at work and just wanted to go to sleep and forget about everything. I hate my job so fucking much, but no other place will hire me because I dropped out of ninth grade after I got pregnant. I was going to get an abortion but never got around to it and ended up just having the baby. I love her though, she's the best thing that's ever happened to me. I just wish I would have waited a little longer.

As I approach my apartment building I try to just relax and put today behind me. I need to stay positive for my girl. I open the glass doors and head for the elevator. I press a button for the doors to open and wait patiently while running my fingers through my lightly damp hair with a sigh. The door opens and I step inside before pressing the fifth story button. My phone began to vibrate in my bag so I unzip it and dig around for it. I got it out and saw that it was my agent calling me. I groan before answering the call and holding my phone up to my ear.

"Hey Natalia." I mutter as I watch the little screen above the elevator doors change numbers. I'm almost to my floor. "Stella I know I said I'd give you the day off tomorrow, but you got an offer from this company that says they've been dying to have you." My manager Natalia Dyer informs me. Natalia is very work frenzy and hardly ever takes a break. She's been my manager for almost five years now and she always calls me by my work name, never my actual name.

I try not whine as I hear the news. If I say that I don't want to take the offer she'll try to force me into it. Natalia is very stubborn. "Okay, I'll take it." I sigh in defeat. The woman hums from the other line just as the elevator doors open. I strut out and down the hall to my apartment. "Great, so I'll just email you the information. I gotta go, later kid." She rushes out before ending the call. I take a deep breath before tossing my phone in my backpack and getting my apartment keys out.

I unlocked the door and shuffled into my living room. "Mom's home!" I heard the little girl scream from our bedroom before putting on a smile walking down the hallway to see her. She was sitting on our bed while my best friends boyfriend Caleb was on the floor playing video games on his phone. Brooklynn watched while giving him tips on what to do. "Hey guys." I said cheerfully. My daughter looks up at me and jumps off the bed to give me a hug. Brooklynn is my baby girl and I love her to death. She's a beautiful little girl with such long and wavy brown hair and the prettiest brown eyes.

"Hey baby, how was your day?" I ask while looking down at her cute face and brushing some hair out of her face. She gave me a big smile and I instantly noticed something different. "You lost your tooth?" I gasp. She hums before pressing her tongue against the bottom of where her loose tooth previously was. "I ate a pineapple and then it fell out so I spit it out and it was there. Now it's under my pillow." She explains. I kiss her forehead and she got back in bed. "Hey Caleb." I greeted him.

Caleb is such a nice guy, always looking after Brooklynn when Sadie and I are at work. Caleb says that he met Sadie while she was waitressing at the diner she works at, but Sadie told me that they met on Tinder and I believe her story more than his since she's my best friend and she's quite honest. Sadie is the type of person to give you her opinion even if you didn't ask for it. The young man glanced up at me for a second before looking back down at the screen in front of him. "Hey Mills. How was work?"

I shrug before going to my closet and pulling my phone out of my bag. "It was hard. One of my coworkers never came so they got another guy to fill in for him." I began before zipping up my bag and putting it on the top shelf. I keep all of my work stuff in there. "But then the guy who was supposed to originally come finally came and apologized for not being on time but me and the other guy already finished." I tossed my keys and my phone on my nightstand before grabbing a pink tank top and maroon velvet shorts from my closet.

"So my boss says that the guy must participate now and so the other guy starts filling him in while I'm on the sidelines toweling off because I was all wet and I had just finished so I thought it was okay for me to clean up but my boss gets mad and says I need to get back in there and to not come out until everybody is satisfied." Caleb slowly turns around to look at me with a disgusted look while I just shrug and look at Brooklynn. "So was everyone satisfied by you, mama?" My daughter asked so innocently. I wish I could say yes. "Yep, I really got myself out of that pickle there. It was a big messy pickle."

"Did you brush your teeth yet?" Caleb quickly cut me off. I nodded with a yawn before strolling out of my bedroom. "I'm gonna go get in my pajamas. You can go home now if you want to, Caleb." I inform him before walking out of view. He stood up and turned to Brooklynn who immediately gave him a hug. "I'll see you tomorrow Caleb." She stated as he let go of her. The man smiled. "Yep. Bye Brooklynn. Bye Millie." He says before exiting the room and then the apartment.

🍒

Later that evening I stood on the balcony of our apartment with my best friend Sadie Sink. She had just gotten off of work and we went out for a smoke. "The air is hot tonight." She said before tapping the tip of her cigarette over the railing to ash it. I held mine between my fingers as I bent over the steel bars and look down at the busy city. Los Angeles, California sure was beautiful in the night time with all the lights illuminating the night sky.

"So my manager emailed me saying I have a gig tomorrow morning at eight. Could you drop me off?" I ask the red head wearing black skinny jeans and a plain grey t-shirt with the name of her diner on her shirt pocket and her sleeves rolled up a bit. She shrugged and moved some of her hair over her shoulder before resting her elbows against the rail with me. "Sure, if you tell me the address." She replied before taking a puff from the stick between her index and middle finger.

It was silent for a moment before the redhead spoke again. "Do you have your share of the rent?" I avoid eye contact with her by staring down at the empty street right below us. "Unfortunately no, but if you take me to this shoot tomorrow then I will hopefully." I remark before glancing back at her. She looks at me with such disappointment before gazing back out at the city. "We need to find you a different job." She mutters. I sigh and shut my eyes.

"Nobody will hire me. I suck at everything. The only thing I'm good at doing is porn." I explain before holding my cigarette to my lips and taking a long inhale. Sadie scoffs. "No, you just refuse to do anything else. You could get a job at a fast food place." She suggests as I blow the smoke out of my mouth. I could get a job at fast food place, but I hate the idea. I don't even like fast food much. "I'm fine where I am right now, just stop telling me what to do Sadie." I snap back at her before smearing the tip of the cigarette on the rail and tossing it over the balcony. "Millie I'm your best friend and we've been living together since you were fifteen. It is my job to tell you what to do."

I roll my eyes before I open the sliding glass door to the apartment to go inside. I head down the hall and to my bedroom where Brooklynn was sleeping on her side of the bed with the lights still off. I smile when I suddenly remember something I needed to do. I tip toe over to my nightstand and open the top drawer to take out a dollar. I shut it softly and steadily climb onto our shared bed so I can carefully swap out the tooth under her pillow for the dollar. After I had completed my mission, I plant a soft kiss on the side of her head before hiding her tooth in a mug beside my bed. I'll deal with it in the morning.