2

2. Gone

Dave East

"Yo this Johnnie. You know what to do when you hear that beep."

There was still no answer. I called this nigga Johnnie in the last two days. I wonder what the hell he was doing cause we had business to handle. Seconds later, I got a text message. It was from an unknown number and I didn't want to open it, but then something else popped up and I couldn't help but open it.

The message was a picture of Johnnie. A dead Johnnie. I scrolled down to the message and it said: DON'T WORRY YOU'RE NEXT! What the fuck was going on? Suddenly the same number called my phone. I answered it without hesitation.

"Did you like what you saw?"

"Who the fuck is this?" I asked.

"Your worst nightmare. Trust me, this is only the beginning."

"What do you want?" I asked.

"To watch you suffer. I'm going to kill everyone you love. Then when it's all set and done, I'm gonna kill you slowly that you'll be begging for mercy."

"Whoever you are. I'm gonna find you and I will kill you."

He laughed. "Only if you can find me."

Suddenly there was someone on the other line. I looked at the caller ID and it was Alex.

"You might want to answer that, it could be important." The line disconnected.

"Alex is everything ok?" I answered.

"No it's not." Alex said.

"Bro, what's wrong?" I asked.

"There are some guys in the house. They got me tied up and pointing a gun at my head." Alex said.

"Ok where's Anja?" I asked.

Alex started crying.

"Alex! Where is Anja?" I repeated.

"They... They killed her man." Alex said.

My heart dropped. "Ok Alex listen to me, you're going to be ok. You're going to be ok."

"Dave, I'm sorry I wasn't a good brother to you when our parents and siblings died. I'm sorry I never believed in you when you told me when you get the motherfuckers who killed them. I'm just sorry for everything." Alex said.

"Bro, stop talking like that. You're gonna be ok." I said.

"Just promise me one thing." Alex said.

"You name it." I said.

"Promise me you're get the motherfuckers who killed us." Alex said.

"I p..."

There was a gunshot. The only thing I heard after that was heavy breathing. Before I even got the chance to say anything, the line disconnected. My brother. My niece. Johnnie. They were all dead and I couldn't believe it. Whoever this motherfucker was, I was going to find him and I was going to kill him.