24

24. Good Ole' Days

2012

Dave East

"Dave it's me. I know you've been having a tough time lately, but running away is not the answer. But I'm not going to tell you what you should or shouldn't do. But just know if you decided to come back the doors are open. Dave we want you to be apart of this family.

We love you. I love you.
Call us when you get the chance."

I put my phone down and looked up at Nasir who had this look on his face.

"What?" I snapped.

"Nothing. It's none of my business." Nasir said.

"Nas say it." I said.

"You should've stayed with the Brewsters. I would've been fine alone." Nasir said.

"Maybe but we made a promise Nas. No matter what or no matter where we go, I got your back. You're my best friend and I wouldn't let you go through this shit alone." I explained.

"Brothers in arms." Nasir said.

"Brothers in arms." I repeated. "So where are we going?"

"Mexico." Nasir said.

"Why Mexico?" I questioned.

"Because my dumbass adopted father fucked with the wrong people." Nasir said.

"How much?"I asked.

"$500,000." Nasir said.

"Holy shit." I said. "Why so much?"

"Cause he's a fucking gambling drunk." Nasir said.

"Look Nas, I'm sorry about what happened. I know I didn't say it before." I said.

"It's cool man." Nasir said.

Nasir continued to drive for a few more hours until we got to San Miguel de Allende. Nasir pulled up to this huge house with black gates at the entrance. Nasir parked the car and the two of us got out and headed inside the house. We walked down a long ass hallway until the ofice doors opened. Nasir and I walked into the office and was greeted by the dude I assume was the boss.

"Nasir, glad you could make it."

"Not like I have a choice." Nasir said.

He smiled. "Right. Who's this?"

"Dave." I introduced.

"Beau Castillo." He introduced. "And this is my daughter Lauren."

I looked at Lauren and she was beautiful. I didn't realize I was staring when Nasir nudged me. I snapped back to the conversation acting like nothing happened.

"So you want to erase your father's debt?" Beau said.

"Adopted father." Nasir said.

"You know it's not gonna be easy. He owed me half a million." Beau said.

"Look he's dead. I came here to tell you that he's dead. You don't have worry about him anymore." Nasir said.

"But I do have to worry. I'm out of $500,000." Beau said.

"What do you want me to do about that?" Nasir asked.

"It's simple, you and Dave are gonna work it off." Beau said.

"What? You can't do that." I said.

Beau smirked. "But I can. You boys don't know who I am."

'Should we?" I questioned.