23

23. The Great Escape

Tyrell De Leon

The lights blinded me for a few seconds. When everything cleared, I looked up to see Lauren standing in front of me. I rolled my eyes and still calmly tried to untie myself.

"Good you're awake." Lauren said. "Now have you thought about what I said?"

"Yea and I think you're as stupid as I thought you were." I said.

"See that wasn't the answer I was looking for." Lauren said.

"But it's the only one you're gonna get from me." I said.

Lauren smirked. "I like you Tyrell. But I don't want you to be on the losing side."

I scoffed. "What makes you think I'm on the losing side? Last time I checked I worked for the kingpin of California."

"How about the entire east coast?" Lauren asked.

"The fuck you talking about?" I questioned.

"See what you don't know is that there are about two other businesses I need to take over the east coast. Once I've taken Dave's I can do whatever the fuck I want. I will be queen and no one's gonna stop me." Lauren said.

"I was wrong you're not stupid, you're fucking nuts." I said.

Lauren shrugged. "Maybe but it's the only way I'm gonna keep this shit show under control."

"What are you talking about?" I asked.

"Did you think that Liya and Marquez were the only ones who had a vendetta against Dave. He's done a lot of fucked up shit to a lot of people. Some of them have empires like mine meaning their very connected. It's just a matter of time before they come after him and the people he cares about." Lauren said.

"And what are you trying to do? What do you get out of all this?" I asked.

"What I've always wanted... I want it all." Lauren started. "The money, the power, and an unapologetic ruthless king by my side."

I raised an eyebrow. "And Dave's the guy you want?"

"You think you know Dave like I know him. You don't know shit. Before Dre, before Liya, Dave, Nasir, and I were the feared ones. We were the ones who everyone didn't want to cross. We were the ones who put fear in the eyes of our enemies. No one dared question or came after us. We were the devils everyone dreams about in their nightmares." Lauren explained.

I started laughing which made Lauren angry. She went and grabbed the brass knuckles and punched me in my face and stomach. My breathing stopped for a second.

"What the fuck is so funny?" Lauren asked.

"I just thought you were some crazy jealous bitch but turns out you're fucking psychotic." I commented.

"You want psychotic, I'll show you how psychotic I can be." Lauren said.

Lauren punched me again. I felt the sting from her knuckles as I looked at Lauren leaving the room. I had to get out of here. I have to warn Dave and let him know that Lauren is coming for him. That she's coming for all of us.

Roni Quinn

Dave and I pulled up to this beautiful house in Fiji. We got out of the car and grabbed our bags. Fiji was beautiful and unlike anything I've ever seen.

"I still can't believe we're in Fiji." I said.

"Believe it. I wanted to make sure this is something to remember." Dave said.

I smiled.

Dave and I headed inside the beacj house. When we opened the doors, I was amazed. It was so nice. Everything was decked out to the tee.

"You like it?" Dave asked.

"I love it." I smiled.

"And you wanna know the best part?" Dave asked.

"What?" I asked.

"We're the only ones on this side of the beach. So no one will hear you scream my name when I'm fucking your brains out." Dave said.

I chuckled. "Is that right?"

Dave shook his head and then pulled me in closer to him. He cupped my face into his hands and pressed his lips against mine. I wrapped my arms around his neck deepening the kiss. I pulled away before things went further.

"What?" Dave questioned.

"You didn't bring me to Fiji just to stay inside. Let's have some fun." I said.

Dave smiled. "Ok what do you want to do?"

"The beach." I said.

"Fine." Dave said.

The two of us grabbed our bags and headed into the bedroom. I went through my bag and found my bikini. I stripped out of my clothes and put on a red leopard bikini, black mesh coverup pants, and some flip flops. I put my hair into a messy bun and headed outside. I took off my coverup pants and flip flops and went into the water. It was cold at first but I got used to it. I was so out of it that I didn't see Dave. He wrapped his arms around my waist and placed his chin on my shoulder. I soon snapped from my thoughts and turned around. We just stared at each other for a few seconds before one of us said anything.

"What?" I asked.

"You... you're just so beautiful." Dave said.

I blushed.

"Veronica, I will never let anything happen to you. I will never let you go ever again. Being without you kills me. I love you so much." Dave said.

"I love you too. Always." I said.

I wrapped my arms around Dave's neck and leaned in pressing my lips against his. Dave's hand went down to my ass as he gripped my cheeks.

I don't know what I would do without Dave in my life. He drives me crazy and I can't stay away from him. No matter what I'll always be there for him. I'm his and he's mine.

Later That Night

11:50 pm

Tyrell De Leon

72 hours. Three fucking days. I've been tied up too long. I grabbed the razor that I kept in my back pocket and cut the ropes. When my hands were finally freed, I looked around the dark room and saw the window. I ran over and broke the glass. I climbed through the window and ran as fast as I could. I didn't know where I was but I just needed to find a phone. I needed to warn everyone about what's going on.

Dave East

2:15 am

The sound of my phone ringing woke me up. I turned over and grabbed my phone. I looked at the caller ID and it was from an unknown number.

"Hello." I said.

"Dave?" Tyrell said.

"Tyrell? You alright?" I asked.

"No I'm not. Where are you?" Tyrell asked.

"Fiji, what's going on?" I asked.

"I don't know. Lauren... she kidnapped me." Tyrell said.

"What?" I said.

"It's ok I escaped. But Dave she's coming after you. She's coming after all of us." Tyrell said.

"Tyrell..."

"Listen boss it's a good thing you're gone. I'll keep you updates but just keep your eyes open." Tyrell said.

"You too man. Call me if anything else happens." I said.

"You got it." Tyrell said.

I hung up the phone. I exhaled heavily out of stress. I looked over at a sleeping Veronica and knew nothing good lasts forever. I needed to find Lauren and end this before anyone gets hurt.