19

19. The Feels

A Few Days Later

Roni Quinn

Days had passed since I've been stuck inside of this hellhole with Dave. Everytime I mention wanting to get some fresh air, Dave shoots it down. He claims it's for my "protection." Other than that we barely speak. But the truth is I wouldn't know what to say. He's different than before and I guess I'm scared to say anything to him. I don't know what he'll say if I told him the truth.

"So how's everything?" Lottie asked.

"It's hell. Lottie I can't go anywhere." I said.

"Well someone is trying to kill you guys. Dave's just trying to protect you." Lottie said.

"Yea but he never cared before. So why start now?" I asked.

"Well what makes you think he never cared?" Lottie questioned.

"Because he tole me so. Lottie, he's still mad at me for how I hurt him nine months ago." I said.

"Yea I didn't understand that part." Lottie said.

"What part didn't you get? I told him that I never wanted to see him again because all he bought was misery to my life." I explained. "But I know I shouldn't have said that."

"Sounds to me like you still have feelings for him." Lottie implied.

"What? No." I said. "You're crazy. I do not have feelings for Dave. He's dead to me."

"So you keep saying." Lottie said.

"Well it's true." I said trying to convince Lottie.

"Roni, if you still care like you say you don't. Try getting into Dave's good graces. Do something unexpected. Be your adorable self. " Lottie said.

I was quiet but I didn't know that I was quiet for a long time. I snapped back to reality.

"Have you heard from Roe?" I asked changing the subject.

Lottie exhaled heavily. "Yea. She's still on her tattoo toru. She'll be back around Christmas."

"Ok good." I said. "Look I gotta go. I'll talk to you later."

"Ok I love you and be safe." Lottie said.

"I will love you too."

I hung up the facetime call and threw my phone next to me. I was thinking about what Lottie told me. Do something unexpected. But I didn't know what I could do that would seem unexpected. I was going to have to think long and hard about this one.

Dave East

I've been on the phone for hours dealing with greedy assholes who thought they could intimidate me. But that wasn't happening because I'm the boss and what I say goes. After getting off the phone with Tyrell, I was able to breathe. I sat back in my chair and stared at the ceiling for a few seconds. All of a sudden, I smelled something delicious. I got up from my chair and left my office. The smell was coming from the kitchen. I entered and I saw Veronica cooking in the kitchen. I leaned against the wall watching her.

"Whatchu doing?" I asked.

Veronica looked up. "Making some dinner."

"If you're trying to bribe me..."

"I'm not. I'd thought we could talk about a few things." Veronica said.

I was quiet for a few seconds. I mean whatever she was cooking smelled really good and a nigga was hungry.