33

33. Rescued But Not In The Clear

Dave East

Why was Veronica here? What was she doing here? Was she here to try and save me? Veronica doesn't know what Lauren is capable of. She will kill her where she stands.

"My night just keeps getting better." Lauren said getting up an walked over to Veronica.

"Veronica, what a surprise. What brings you here?" Lauren said.

"I came here to talk to you." Veronica said.

"Talk about what exactly?" Lauren questioned.

"You need to let Dave go. Let him go before things get ugly." Veronica said.

Lauren chuckled. "Is that a threat? How cute."

"She doesn't know what's she doing." I said.

"Oh but I think she does. What are you gonna give me in return?" Lauren asked.

"W-what do you want?" Veronica said.

"A little bird told me you're carrying Dave's kid. Is that true?" Lauren said.

My eyes widen. "What?"

Veronica looked down and then back up. "Yea it's true."

Lauren smiled. "Perfect. You asked me what I want and I'm gonna tell you."

Without warning, Lauren pushed Veronica on the ground an started kicking her stomach.

"Stop!" I yelled getting up and running over to her. But one of Lauren's henchmen came and stopped me. Lauren kicked Veronica a few more times and then stopped. She walked over to me and slapped me in my face. I clenched my jaw imagining all the things I would to Laure. She really was a fucking psycho.

"I will make sure that your bloodline ends. You're the scum on the earth." Lauren said.

"Look who's fucking talking." I said.

Before I got the chance to say anything else, I heard gunshots. Lauren looked worried. "Go check it out."

With her back turned, I hit the henchmen in the face and grabbed the gun that was on his hip. I cocked it back and pointed it at Lauren.

"Step away." I demanded.

Lauren took a couple of steps back and I went to go check on Veronica.

"Veronica baby, you ok." I asked.

"I'm fine." Veronica managed to say.

I helped Veronica up and looked at Lauren who wasn't even phased. Veronica and I let the room and did out best to get out. The gunshots continued as Veronica and I turned down a few corners and gunned down a couple of guys. We made a huge left and ran into Roe and Shaun.

"Roe? Shaun?" I said.

"Nephew!" Shaun said.

"Are you guys ok?" Roe asked.

"Y-yea I'm fine." Veronica said.

"Better than I look." I said.

"Yea cause you look like shit." Shaun said.

"Come on, let's get the two of you outta here." Roe said.

Roe helped Veronica while Shaun and I followed behind giving ourselves some cover. We finally got outside and the sun felt good against my skin. It felt good to be free.

"Dave?"

I looked up to see Nasir. He ran over to us and pulled me in for a hug.

"Glad you're alive." Nasir said.