17

17. Trespass to Execution

3:30 am

Roni Quinn

I was watching tv in my room unable to sleep. Ever since what happened nine months ago, I couldn't sleep. So I would have moments where I would wake up in the middle of the night. I guess I was scared. I was flipping through channels when I heard a noise. I jumped up and then I heard the same noise again. I grabbed the gun I kept in my drawer and headed into the kitchen.

I pointed the gun. "The fuck are you doing here?"

"Veronica... don't shoot."

That voice. It sounded so familiar. It couldn't be not after all this time.

"Who are you?" I asked.

"Oh come on, Veronica..." He turned around. "You're gonna break my heart."

There he was. He was standing right in front of me.

"Marquez." I said.

"Hello Veronica." Marquez said.

I cocked my gun back. "You shouldn't have come here. You could've lived longer."

"No wait!" Marquez said. "Please don't shoot me."

"Give me one good reason why." I said.

"I need to talk to Dave. I have information for him that he needs to know." Marquez said.

"Well you're shit outta luck cause Dave and I don't talk anymore. You made sure of that." I said.

"Aw homeboy didn't compare to me." Marquez cockily smiled.

"Shut the fuck up." I said.

"Look I need to talk to Dave. It's important." Marquez said.

"Oh really? And how important is this information?" I questioned.

"Life or death." Marquez said.\

I scoffed. "Yea right. Who's?"

"Mine but if I can talk to Dave. I can probably stop his." Marquez said.

I slowly put my gun down. Marquez wouldn't lie about something like this right? I exhaled heavily and knew that he was telling the truth.

"Stay here." I said.

I went into my room and grabbed my phone. I scrolled through my contacts until I found his name. I pressed call and my heart was pounding as it rung. It kept ringing and then I thought that he wasn't going to answer.

"Hello."

Even his annoyed voice was sexy. "Dave."

"Veronica? It's late." Dave said.

"I need you to come over." I said.

"Why?" Dave questioned.

"It's Marquez... he's here." I explained.

Dave East

"Fuck!" I groaned.

I grabbed her hair and pushed her down further on my dick. I was so close. I leaned my head back about to come when my phone rang. I ignored it trying to enjoy this moment. But my phone kept ringing ruining my mood. I took the girl by her head and pushed her off of me. I answered without looking at the caller ID.

"Hello." I answered.

"Dave."

Holy shit. "Veronica? It's late." I said.