20

20. Out of Control

Dave East

My eyes opened and my head was pounding like crazy. It felt like I was being ran over and over again. I stared up at the ceiling for a few seconds until I remembered last night. Veronica kissed me. She kissed me. I soon snapped from my thoughts when my phone ran. I looked at the caller ID and answered.

"Yea." I answered.

"We got a problem." Tyrell said.

"What is it?" I asked.

"There's been a disturbance. Some low level pieces of shit taking our product and selling it as their own." Tyrell said.

"What? Who are they?" I questioned.

"I don't know. But I can ask Lauren for help." Tyrell said.

"Lauren? What the fuck is she still doing there?" I questioned.

"She's looking for you. She wants to talk to you." Tyrell said.

"Tell her that I put you in charge. Tell her I trust your judgment and what you say goes. You find those little shits and you find out who they work for!" I yelled. "And you let me know so I can deal with those little shits properly."

"You got it." Tyrell said. "But boss about Lauren..."

"What about her?" I asked.

"She won't take me seriously unless you're here." Tyrell said.

I exhaled out of frustration. "Ight I'll be there as quick as I can."

"Ok boss and I'll keep you posted." Tyrell said.

"Ok." I hung up.

I got out of bed and headed downstairs into the kitchen and found Veronica making herself a bowl of Captain Crunch. She looked up at me and we stared at each other for what seemed like a long time. Veronica looked away first and went to grab herself a spoon.

"Morning." Veronica said.

"Hey." I said. "Can I talk to you?"

"Uh yea." Veronica said. "What's up?"

"I'm gonna run some errands, so I'm gonna have Lottie and Kiana come over until I get back. That's cool?" I said.

Veronica nodded. "Yea that's cool."

"Ight. I'mma see ya later." I said.

Veronica put a spoonful of Captain Crunch in her mouth. Man that shit looked so sexy.

I walked out of the kitchen and headed back upstairs. I went to my bathroom and stripped out of my clothes. I jumped into the shower and let the water rain down on me. The memory of Veronica kissing me last night replayed in my head. The softness of her lips. They were a drug that I overdosed on. I couldn't stop thinking about it.

I snapped from my thoughts and got out of the shower. I soon got dressed in a black tee shirt, black jeans, a leather bomber jacket, and a pair of black and gold Jordan true flight sneakers. I put on my watch and chains before grabbing my phone and keys and headed downstairs. I got into my car and headed towards the warehouse.

Roni Quinn

"Bitch!"

I smiled as I headed downstairs and saw Lottie. I ran over to her and pulled her into a huge hug. We hugged each other tightly. When we let go, Lottie held up a bottle of Dulce Vida tequila. We both headed over to the kitchen where I grabbed my phone and speaker.