10

10. Missing

Dave East

I busted through the doors to Veronica's apartment. I went looking for her and she was no where to be found. My heart was beating really fast and I didn't know what to do. I pulled out my phone and called Tyrell.

"He got her." I said.

"Got who?" Tyrell asked.

"Veronica! That motherfucker Dominic kidnapped Veronica!" I yelled.

"Ok calm down. Where you at?" Tyrell said.

Before I could get the chance to say, there was another call coming in. I told Tyrell to hold on and answered the call. I immediately knew it was and I felt my jaw tightened and my fists balled up.

"Hello David." Dominic said.

"You motherfucker! Where is she?" I asked.

"Veronica? I don't know what you're talking about." Dominic said.

"If you hurt her, I swear to god I'll fucking kill you." I threatened.

Dominic laughed. "You know this is all your fault. You brought her into this."

"I don't know what the fuck you're talking about! Now where is Veronica?" I demanded.

The line disconnected.
I threw my phone across the room.

"Fuck!" I yelled.

Roni Quinn

I opened my eyes and everything was blurry. When my vision finally cleared, I saw that I wasn't at my apartment, but somewhere I never been. I suddenly remembered everything and knew that I had to get out of here. I ran over to the window and saw nothing but water. I tried my best to open the window, but it was bolted shut. I looked around the room to figure out another way, but suddenly I heard the door open and it was Dominic.

He smiled. "You're awake. For a second, I thought I gave you too much."

"What the fuck Dominic?" I said.

"I guess I should tell you Dominic is not my name." Dominic or whoever he was said.

"What? Who the fuck are you?" I asked.

"Marquez." He said.

"Why am I here Marquez?" I asked.

"You're here because of Dave and the fucked up mess he's in." Marquez said. "And because I couldn't bring myself to kill you."

I looked up at Marquez who's faced changed. I don't know what the fuck was going on, but it had nothing to do with me. I didn't realize that I was so quiet because Marquez stepped closer to me. I backed up until I couldn't anymore. Right now I was pressed up against the wall.

"You see Veronica, when I was with you I couldn't wait to kill you in front of Dave just so he could know how it feels to lose someone you really love. But when I got to know you, I fell for you because you reminded me of someone I used to know. You're everything I want in a woman." Marquez said.

"So this is your sick twisted way of showing me you love me?" I asked. "You're crazy."

Without warning, Marquez slapped me across the face. I fell to the floor and looked up at Marquez. He stood over me and pressed a knife against my throat. "Don't you ever call me crazy." Marquez said.

I was scared to do anything scared of what he might do. He looked down at me and smiled then left. I finally exhaled and prayed that Dave was looking for me.

3 Days Later...

Dave East

"Got something?" I asked.

"No not yet." Uncle said.

"Well look god damnnit!"I yelled.

"We are." Tyrell said.

"Well you're not doing it hard enough!" I yelled.

"Whoa maybe you need to calm down nephew." Uncle said.

"Calm down? Calm down? That psychotic motherfucker has my girlfriend and you're doing nothing! Nothing!" I yelled.

"Dave?"

I turned around to see Lottie and Nasir. "What are you guys doing here? Where's Kiana?" I asked.

"She's at my mother's but we came as soon as we heard." Lottie said.

"No matter what, Veronica is family and we are going to find her." Nasir said.

"I hope so." I said.

Suddenly my phone rang, I looked at it and it was a text message from Violet.

Missing u daddy 😘😝 ( Violet now )

I rolled my eyes because I didn't have time for her shit right now. I just needed to find Veronica and I didn't know where she would be and it was driving me insane. I shouldn't have let her out of my sight. I shouldn't have left her behind.

Roni Quinn

Marquez locked me in the room for three days. I haven't eaten or slept because I was scared of what he was going to do next. The door flew open and I jumped. Marquez came inside holding a tray of food. He placed it in front of me and I just looked at him.

"It's been three days, you should eat something." Marquez said.

"I'm not doing shit." I said.

"Veronica..."

"I'm doing or eating anything you tell me too. I would rather die."

"You still think he's coming for you. You still think he cares for you." Marquez said. "He's probably out there fucking some other bitch right now."

"What the fuck did he ever do to you huh? Why do you hate him so much?" I asked out of curiosity.

Marquez sighed and sat in the chair in front of me. "He killed my fiancée."