21

21. Fear

6:35 pm

Dave East

I stood in the mirror and couldn't believe I looked this good. I was wearing a black suit-black blazer, black tee shirt, black pants, and black shoes. I added my cologne, chain, and watch before putting my phone, wallet, and keys into my pocket. I left my room and headed downstairs to wait for Veronica. As I was waiting my phone rang.

"Hello." I said.

"We're all set boss. Marco will be waiting." Tyrell said.

"Good. Let's get this shit over with." I said.

"No problem. I'll see ya in 45." Tyrell said.

I hung up the phone and then that's when I heard heels clacking. I looked up and saw Veronica coming down the stairs.

"Holy shit." I mumbled.

She looked beautiful as fuck. Her dress was hugging her curves and making her look irresistible to me right now. I soon snapped from my thoughts because I didn't want Veronica to think I was staring. Even though I was doing more than that.

"You ready to go?" I asked.

"Yea." Veronica said. "How do I look?"

"Beautiful." I blurted.

Veronica smiled and then the two of us left the house and got into my car.

***

I opened the door to my side of the car and walked over to open Veronica's door. She grabbed my hand and the two of us walked inside. Inside was better than I thought. Everything was decked out in crystals, gold, and black. Veronica and I walked over to the bar where I ordered us some drinks. I ordered me a glass of whiskey and Veronica a glass of champagne. We stood there in silence drinking out drinks.

Roni Quinn

Dave had been nice to me for the past few days but when he invited me to this party I was shocked. It was some formal get together and I was impressed. Somebody Else x Tank ft. Jojo came on and I looked over at Dave who was sipping on his whiskey. I took a sip of my champagne before putting it on the counter. I took his hand and put his drink down.

"What are you doing?" Dave asked.

"We're dancing." I said.

"Yea nah I'm good." Dave said.

"Oh come on. I'm sure one dance wouldn't hurt." I pleaded.

I could tell that Dave was thinking about it. He nodded his head and the two of us headed to the dance floor. I wrapped my arms around Dave's neck as he wrapped his hands around my waist. Butterflies filled my stomach as he touched me. We started to sway back and forth to the music. We looked into each other's eyes and all the feelings I thought were gone came flooding back. What is it about this man that makes me feel this way?

"You know you're actually a pretty good dancer." I said.

Dave smiled. "Don't tell anyone though. It'll ruin my rep."

"Sure." I smiled. "Thanks for inviting me."

"It was nothing. I thought you needed a night of fun." Dave said.

"Yea I did." I admitted.

Dave soon checked the time on his watch and his entire face changed. I knew something was wrong.

"Everything ok?" I asked.

"Yea. I gotta go and take care of something." Dave said. "I'll meet you back in a few."