27

27. No Such Thing

Roni Quinn

I fluttered my eyes open waking up. I turned over in my bed and saw an empty space. I sat up in my bed and looked around the room, Dave was nowhere to be found. I got out of bed and left the room. I headed down the hall and then saw the light in Dave's office was on. I peeked through the crack and saw that he was on the phone. 

"Tie him up and bring him to the warehouse. I'll be there in an hour." Dave snapped. 

I walked into the office as he hung up the phone. Dave looked up at me but said nothing.

"Dave..."

"Whatever you're gonna say, I don't wanna hear it." Dave said.

"Well that's too damn bad cause I'm gonna say it. Please don't tell me you're not gonna do what I think you're gonna do." I said. 

"Does it matter?" Dave questioned. 

"There's has to be a reason." I said. 

"It's called greed. It's called selfishness. It's called betrayal." Dave said.

"You can't mean that." I said.

Dave got up from his chair and walked over to me. "In this line of work, there's the people, we keep close and there's the people we fucking kill because they  deserve it." Dave said.

"You gonna kill him?" I asked already knowing the answer.

"Not before I rip his fucking teeth from his jaw." Dave said clenching his jaw. 

I had never heard Dave talk like this before. It was scaring me. Dave and I looked into each others eyes and said nothing. He moved past me and headed for the door. But I grabbed his wrist stopping him. 

"Just don't do anything you'll regret." I said. "And be careful."

Dave nodded his head before leaving without saying another word. I knew telling Dave was a bad idea, but what choice did I have. I just hope he does the right thing. I hope he doesn't go dark. 

Dave East

At the Warehouse

I walked into the room and found Tyrell chained and hung up. I looked at him and saw nothing but red. I approached him and he looked scared as he fucking should be. 

"Boss..."

"Shut the fuck up!" I interrupted. "I don't want to hear whatever it is coming out your slimy mouth." 

"What?" Tyrell questioned.

I rolled up my sleeves up to my elbow and cracked my knuckles. I looked up at Tyrell's smug bitch ass face and without hesitation, I punched him in the stomach. He grunted and then I punched him three more times. 

"I'm gonna ask you this one time, and if you lie to me I swear I'll fucking chop off every part of your body and watch you bleed out." I warned. 

"Dave please why..." 

"Shut up!" I said punching Tyrell again. "Why were you shooting at Veronica and I? Why would you betray me?"

Tyrell said nothing which told me that it was true. 

"Tell me why." I demanded as I punched Tyrell in the face this time. 

"When Lauren kidnapped me, she wanted me to join her but I said no. So she used my sister against me. She said if I didn't do what she wanted, she would kill my sister and send me her body parts piece by piece." Tyrell explained.