15

15. Time Causes Change

Nine Months Later...

Dave East

"You have continued to think you're on step ahead of me. But the truth it, I've always been three steps ahead of you." I said.

"Please you don't have to do this."

"Oh but I do."

Before he could object, I shot him in the head close range. His brains were everywhere but I didn't care. I walked away and got into the car. Tyrell sat next to me as we drove off. I could tell something was wrong because Tyrell was quiet.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"Nothing boss." Tyrell said.

I looked over at Tyrell who couldn't bullshit me. "What the fuck is the problem?"

"We found him." Tyrell said.

"Who?" I questioned.

"Marquez." Tyrell said

My face hardened. "Where?"

"I have some contacts in Mexico who say they have spotted him." Tyrell said.

"In Mexico? Where?" I asked.

"Tijuana." Tyrell said.

"anything else?" I asked.

Tyrell hesitated which means there was something else. It meant that this was something that I didn't need to know. I looked over at Tyrell who then handed me an envelope. I took it from him and opened it. When I opened it, there were pictures of Marquez. Marquez and Violet.

"I'm sorry boss. But Violet and Marquez have been plotting against us this whole time." Tyrell said. "How do you want to handle this?"

"You're going too Tijuana to bring that motherfucker here. I'll take care of Violet." I said.

"Yes sir." Tyrell said.

We continued the drive back to the warehouse. On our way there, I couldn't help but think about Violet and how betrayal never stops coming my way. But believe me, when I say all of this shit stops right here and now. No one is gonna get one over on me anymore. I will become the devil that they all fear I am.

Roni Quinn

"Roro!"

A smile spread across my face as Kiana came over to me. I picked her up and went overtook Lottie who was sitting on the couch. I handed Kiana back over to her before sitting down next to her.

"Hey." Lottie said.

"Hey."I said. "How's everything?"

"Good. Everything's good." Lottie said. "You?"

"Good as can be. I finally got to the point where I can say Lola's name without crying." I admitted.

"That's good." Lottie said.

Lottie got quiet for a second and I knew that something was wrong.

"Ok what's the matter?" I asked.

"What?" Lottie said.

"You're never quiet unless somethings up. Come on, spill it." I said.

Lottie smiled. "You know me so well."

"Perks of being your best friend." I said. "Tell me what's up."

"It's nothing. I just want to know if you've spoken to him." Lottie said.