Chapter 6 - Mistakes

Blake

The waves are silent...

Almost ghostly silent, the captain of the ship looks out at the endless blue waiting to see the ships of the damned rising from the dark blue depths. But nothing, just the expanse of water and clouds directly ahead of them...

This boat was once much heavier with passengers, now there are only a couple dozen people inside, and two of them are Blake and Sun.

Sun is sat down beside Blake, outside in the warming up air, and Sun has wrapped the young Feline Faunus Woman up with a blanket that he found to keep her warm. She is sat there, and has not changed her position since she sat there. Hearing the roar that the monster made as it slammed its burning axe head straight into her father's gut...and burned her mother to ashes right before her eyes. Sun's hand is slowly twitching into a fist as he sits there, eye jittering with anger because of how he feels he failed her – failed to save her parents.

But if he didn't pull her away, that thing would have killed her too.

Tears drench her fair skinned cheeks, filled with the sorrow of a heartbroken child. Sun however makes himself become cold to it, and since this has already happened to him once, he does not let it go to his head.

And he has to, for her sake.

If he can stay positive for her, then it is all worth it to him. Ruyi Jingu Bang and Gambol Shroud lean against one another. Blake sniffles, her feline ears folded down sadly, looking at the floor. Sun's tail curls up by her hand, trying to make her feel better.

Blake looks at him, her tears glistening in the sunlight. He smiles gently, warming her heart. "I'm here...okay?" He softly says to him with a smile. She buries her head into her shoulder and he holds her close, hugging her so then she has a shoulder to cry onto.

Sun squeezes his blue eyes shut...

And when he does he can hear that thing roaring in the back of his mind. So many questions rattle around in the back of his head...

What the hell was that thing?

It spoke...

Something is coming and it cannot be good for any of us.

Then Blake speaks...with a tender and shattered voice, as she leans against his torso with her hand softly touching his chest as well. "The Grimm...It spoke..." She stammers with horror, seeing the burning face of whatever that demonic beast was that roared.

"I know..." Sun responds with a similarly shaken voice.

"W-What do we do now?" She asks him, sitting upright, wiping some tears from her eyes and her cheeks. Sun looks at her and he cannot help but raise an eyebrow.

"What do you mean?" He asks her with confusion.

"C-Crying can't bring them back...what do we do now?" She asks him, she needs something to take her mind off what happened to Menagerie – and unfortunately it seems to be that the only option they have is open to them.

"That thing...it lead the Grimm there, Ilia knew it was coming and she tried to warn us. She was too late, but we can warn the Mistraalian Headmaster at Haven Academy." Sun explains, remembering the school since he did come from Mistral – and Haven for that matter. Blake looks into his eyes and she sniffles, struggling to hold onto her courage in a moment like this.

"Neptune...Scarlet and Sage are there, aren't they?" She asks him, and Sun softly chuckles.

"They better be." He replies, looking out at the see as they sit there on the floor.