1

(All rights go to Rick Riordan, this is a FanFic of his work. Any characters you may recognize belong to him.)

Percy set up the last candle. He smiled at his work. The sun was about to set over his and Annnabeth's anniversary beach picnic. Candles, sparkling cider, and a meal he had cooked himself. After dropping the match box into the picnic basket he turned to go get the girl he had fallen for, four years ago. That was, until he heard muffled laughter.
"Nathan!" A familiar voice squealed. Two people walked out of the tree line and onto the beach. A boy and a girl, the boy planting kisses along herw neck. Neither of the two noticed him, but Percy did them. His girlfriend was hung around some guy, both locked in a heated kiss. Percy's limbs went numb. His heartbeat quickened. Anger flooded his system, then heartbreak, then nothing.
"Wise Girl." He stated. Both the people looked at the son of Poseidon. Annabeth's grey eyes grew huge.
"Percy, this isn't what it looks like..." Alarm filling her voice as she trailed off. Her gaze shifted to the picnic. "No, today can't be-"
"-Yep, you cheated on me on our anniversary." Percy cut her off. Annabeth was quiet. "Why? We've been through so much, why cheat on me?" She scoffed.
"I'm off to college in a few weeks. You decided to stay and teach at Camp. Percy, it wouldn't be right to have a boyfriend before going halfway around the world. You want a steady relationship. Nathan's ok with just sleeping with me." Annabeth explained. Percy blinked and reached into the basket. He pulled out the little box of matches, striking the remaining matches setting the tips ablaze. He turned and emotionlessly dropped them onto the picnic. Annabeth went to walk up to him, in shock at seeing his emotionless face. He pulled away and started into the woods. Faintly, he heard the cries of protest and apologies of his now ex-girlfriend. His walk turned into a jog, which turned into a run. He didn't stop until he was near the cabins. Everyone had gone to bed, luckily, so he wouldn't have to explain the tears that stung his eyes. Percy stumbled to the hearth fire that burned constantly. He needed to talk to someone. Someone he could trust.
"L-Lady H-Hestia?" He stuttered. The fire glowed brighter. Suddenly, a teenage girl, wearing a brown dress, appeared beside the fire. She smiled warmly, until she noticed the tears in the young heroes eyes. Her expression flashed to worry as she immediately engulfed Percy in a hug.
"Percy, what happened? Didn't Annabeth like the picnic?" Percy gladly returned the hug, muffled sobs climbing out of his throat. Hestia held him tightly. After a moment she guided him to his cabin. They sat on his bunk.
"Percy, tell me what's wrong?" She persisted. He attempted to gain control of his breath.
"I need to leave." He stated. "I have to get as far away from this place as possible." He said pulling away. He grabbed his backpack and began packing. "I just wanted to speak to my favorite goddess before I left. To say goodbye." He explained. Hestia looked at him sadly.
"Why say goodbye? Your coming back." She argued. He glanced at her. She stifled a gasp. His expression showed her that he didn't plan on coming back. She followed him to the borders of camp. "Percy, why are you leaving?"
"Annabeth cheated on me." He replied. Hestia was filled with a primal and violent rage, but she kept her composure for his sake. He started walking away. "Lady Hestia, I may never get the chance to say this so I will now. Your beautiful." A slight blush played at her cheeks.
"Percy, please remember, I will always be their for you. Just pray and I'll be their." Hestia said, her bottom lip quivering. He smiled lightly before walking off. Her heart ached to see her favorite hero in such pain, but, her heart also yearned for him as well. One thing she knew was for certain, she had fallen for the hero.
Hestia, in a flash of orange-yellow light, appeared beside the Camp's hearth fire. She stared at it and extended her hand over it. The fire became dimmer, and dimmer, until the last ember had died. Wind whipped through camp like a violent storm. The peace that the blessed flame had brought was gone. The change was felt by every nature spirit and demigod. Every cabin was opened and demigods rushed out. Her normally calm flaming eyes grew into violent fiery storms.
"Lady Hestia, What has caused you to kill the hearth?" Chiron asked in alarm as he trotted up to the goddess. Her frightening gaze scanned the cabins.
"Betrayal." The word cut through the tension like a knife. "One has betrayed the most loyal man I have every seen grace this earth. One who has sacrificed more for you all than any could understand." She barked.
"Who has been betrayed?" Chrion asked fearfully. Hestia met the old centaur's gaze.
"Percy Jackson." All the campers looked towards the Athena cabin. One member of the Athena cabin to be precise.
"Lady Hestia, you must know the truth. He left me!" Annabeth said, filling her voice with emotion. "Please, he broke my heart!" Hestia roared in anger, sending a ball of fire towards the cabin. The blessing of Athena shielded the old building from going ablaze.
"This camp will feel my wrath until you are forgiven for what you have done!" The goddess yelled. A red haze settled in the sky.
"Chiron, stop her!" Annabeth yelled. Hestia looked at her brother and sent him an apologetic look. Chiron gave a subtle nod of understanding.
"Sister, please, do not let the young campers suffer for the fault of their older peers." The old camp mentor bargained.
"Forgive me Chrion. But this a grievous act has been committed. One that will be punished. No matter who suffers." With that, the goddess disappeared. Everyone glared at Annabeth. Chiron turned to look at the girl he had grown to consider a daughter.
"What have you done?" He asked, rather hatefully.
Percy trekked for hours before finding a place to camp. He created a small fire and pitched his tent. Before he retired for the night he walked over and prayed to Hestia for her blessing if his temporary home.
As he drifted to sleep that night, he thought about Hestia.
The next day he prayed to Hestia and packed up his camp.
"Perseus?" A familiar regal voiced asked. Percy turned and found Hera standing in his camp.
"Lady Hera."
"I found my sister sobbing in her palace last night. She wouldn't stop. I finally got her to explain. She had seen you, her favorite hero, broken." Percy felt a pang of guilt.
"I'm sorry. I didn't mean for her to cry." Shame filling the heroes voice.
"She cursed camp. Would you like to share why she, the most peaceful of goddesses, would curse defenseless demigods?" Hera pushed. Percy closed his eyes. He then told her of what had happened. Hera nodded.
"Percy, you can come back from this." She coaxed. He shook his head. I can't explain it. But when I discovered Annabeth cheated me, Something inside me told me to leave. I want to die." He finished. Hera stated at him in shock.
"Percy...." She was cut off by him.
"I don't blame you for being bitter. I now think you are one of the strongest goddesses. Dealing with Zeus's infidelities." This took Hera by surprise. "I am sorry for how I treated and talked about you."
"Thank you." Hera's shock was evident in the reply. She walks over and sat next to him.
"Their are other ways to go than death. You could go to Camp Jupiter." He sighed, knowing both goddesses were right.
"Fine, I'll go back." He stated. Hera smiled, knowing Hestia would be thrilled. Percy stood.
"Let me flash you to Camp." Hera provided. He nodded. In a flash of light he was standing back in the middle of the cabins.
"You." A voice growled. He turned and saw three campers staring at him with hate in their eyes.
"Sorry, I left. I needed to think." He stated as more people began walking towards him.
"You need to leave." One of them hissed.
"What?" Percy asked.
"We don't want you here. Annabeth told us what you did, cheating scumbag." Another camper stated. Percy sneered.
"My flaw is loyalty. I would never cheat on her. She cheated on me!" He yelled.
"LEAVE!" The campers began yelling. Hurt flashed across Percy's face.
"Fine." He whispered before he took off into the woods, leaving camp, a second time."