Good Morning

Poppy woke to the sound of bird chatter out the window...and the sound of a nerdy gay man yelling at them.

"Back off!" He threatened.

   Her eyes fluttered open to see dark sleek walls instead of the vivid pink ones she was used to.
"Hmmm" she groaned, "not again".
This was the fourth night in a row she had been too tired to walk back to her pod after spending the evening with Branch.

She looked at the small clock next the bed: 11:43.

"Shoot!" Poppy threw the covers off her and ran to the bathroom to get dressed. She splashed some water on her face "alright Poppy...you can do this. It's just another day...and the probably most important day in your life is next month, oh my god!".

   Branch heard the noise from outside and made his way to the bedroom. He noticed the bathroom light was on,
"Poppy? You ok?" He asked tapping on the door. She opened it to reveal a tired look on her face.

"This job is exhausting" she complained.

"Oh, well I'd be happy to help you ou-".

"And the wedding is next month and I'm totally freaking out cuz I haven't even talked to anyone about catering or I-I've also not talked to Satin and Chenille and they  probably have so many dress designs for me and I really need caffeine!" Poppy continued, pulling at her bangs.

"Hey, Hey, hey look....it's all gonna be alright" Branch took her hands in his, "things will get done I promise" he gave her a peck on the lips, "and there's coffee on the table".

"Huh...thank you...now I have to go see you later for lunch bye!" The pink troll cried running out the room.

🦋🍿🦋

"Good morning, Harper! Nice hair color".

"Eyyy Aspen! Lookin good this morning".

"Cherrio, Biggie. Nice day isn't it?".

"Well good morning Poppy!" Biggie replied.

"Meep!" Mr. Dinkles greeted.

   She slowed her pace to catch her breath which resulted in her completely stopping.

   The Queen went around greeting every troll she passed on her way to the village square where she read important announcements every morning. Pulling a book out of her hair, Poppy made her way around the crowd of trolls waiting for their daily news with spring in her step.

"Attention fellow trolls!" She stood before them, "today, Thursday, August 14, will be very sunny, so the lake will be a great idea. Smidges Stoutberry juice and Guy Diamond's Glitterade will be available for everyone all this week and next, and-" she sighed.

"And the Royal wedding is next month on September 21st!" A troll called out from the crowd. (See what I did there)

"Yes...thank you... I know it's you Butterfly"

"No it's not... it's....Jeff" Butterfly changed her tone.

"Well thats everything for today! Enjoy the sun!" Poppy said enthusiastically.

   The crowd split and went on with their mornings. Poppy sighed again, this gets more exhausting every day.
She pushed the thought aside and I went on with her duties. Checking on the trolls at the lake, greeting and chatting with fellow subjects, going home and filing paperwork, as well as doing some.

   It was about noon when Poppy finished her stack of papers. She remembered that she told Branch they'd meet for lunch before rushing out of the bunker. Poppy sat the work aside and went to change into a different outfit, one that wouldn't be so hot in the sun. She went with a yellow sundress with sunflowers embroidered on the bottom. After changing she took a small scrap of paper off the desk and shoved it her dress pocket before taking off.