A Sad Day

Lol, gotcha guys! I decided to post more chapters....(only because like 12 of them are pre-written)

   "Guy, where are you taking me?" Poppy asked as she followed the sparkly troll across town.

   She caught the sight of Branch outside of her pod. He turned and saw her standing there and called down, "Poppy!".

"I'll let Branch explain" Guy Diamond said before leaving.

"Wait what?" Poppy asked.

Branch used his hair to swing down to ground level where Poppy was.

"Branch what going on?" She asked.

"It's -It's..." Branch started catching his breath.

"It's, it's what just tell me, Branch I don't have time!".

"It's your dad".

🦋🍿🦋

  Poppy walked into her dads pod. Inside was quite dark even though it was sunny and the whole room had a sad feeling. The entire snack pack was there: Cooper, Biggie, Dj, Fuzzbert, Smidge, Satin, Chenille, and Guy Diamond were all huddled around her dad in bed; their heads hung.

"Dad" Poppy ran to her father, wide eyed, "dad, dad stay with me".

"Poppy...is that you" He began opening his eyes.

"Yes, yes dad it's me...". Branch placed himself next to Poppy.

"I guess I must be older than I thought..." he slightly chuckled which ended up as a fit of coughing.

   Poppy grabbed her dads hands, "dad....please don't leave me".

"I love you Poppy; and I just want you to know....I hope your wedding will go perfectly. Branch...".

   His shoulders tensed and his palms became suddenly sweaty. "Yes sir?" Branch stepped forward.

"Please....call me dad" Peppy shifted sitting up slightly, "Take care of my daughter for me Branch".

"Dad" Poppy started to say. Branch rested his hand on her shoulder.

"I promise sir uhhh....dad".

"Poppy...another thing....no matter what I will...always be...watching...over you.....". Peppy's eyes closed and then the room was silent.

"Dad!" Poppy's voice cracked as the tears pooled over her eyes.

   The trolls hung there heads as the she cried. Branch crouched behind her, comforting the sad queen.

  •••

   Peppy's funeral was held the next day on the outskirts of troll village.
The entire town was there, including a few bergan friends. Everyone's heads hung down and tears filled multiple trolls eyes. Poppy stood closest to her fathers grave staring at the tombstone. Branch's arm stretched across her shoulders. She turned to ball in her fiancée's chest. He wrapped his arms around her as Poppy cried. The king was dead and there was nothing she could do about it...

   Citizens paid their respects and then started to drift off back to the village but, Poppy stayed. Sitting on the ground with her legs tucked under her, Branch by her side. Tears trickled down Poppy's face as her color slowly faded.

   Poppy had clearly took the longest time to grieve out of any troll in the village. Maybe even a little too long. It was at least 10:30 and the sun had gone down hours ago. Poppy and Branch sat not far from Peppy's grave. The Queen's head rested against Branch, extremely tired.