Surprise

Before I begin this chapter I'd just like to say thank you all SO much for 500 views! Alright now on to the story...

   "Are you sure this will work boss?" A female voice asked.

He thought over his words that were just spoken to his assistant, "the queen and future king will be there. No one will be home".

"How can you be sure?"

"Trolls here aren't like the ones in your village. Parties are like a religion".

"That sounds....disgusting"

"That's something you and me can agree on"

"So when should we strike"

"Once the party gets going. Then you'll sneak in".

"Me?!"

"I'm too recognizable. If some one sees me we're toast".

"Fine. How much?"

"I'm not paying you!"

"Then what's the point?"

"The point is we'll get to watch this city burn once Queen Poppy's gone"

(Roof on Fire let it burn, Champagne In my head I'm- ok I'm sorry back to the story)

"I'd prefer cash"

"Alright, 50 bucks. 100 after she's dead"

"Let's shake on it, deal?"

   The purple and blue trolls shook hands and the compromise was official.

"Deal"

🦋🍿🦋

"Braaanch!" Poppy called as she walked through the entrance of her pod. Branch had stayed with her for the past two days. Only because he was too paranoid to leave, "Branch, I have a surprise for you!".

This time he casually came strolling out of nowhere, "what's up?"

"Okay, Okay, close your eyes. I have a surprise".

"Alright?" Branch closed his eyes. When he opened them Poppy was holding out a small box, "what's this?".

"Open it"

He lifted the lid of the jewelry box, inside was a small ring but, unlike Poppy's it had a small pink stone.

"The one you gave me reminded me of you. So I thought I'd give you one to remind you of me" she smiled as Branch gazed at the ring, "sorry if it's a little girly".

"Poppy it's....perfect. Thank you" he hugged her and let a few tears fall on her shoulders.

"Aw Branch. I'm happy you like it. Can I put it on you".

He held out his hand and the pink ring was a perfect fit. The two hugged again. When Poppy broke it she headed to the bathroom.

"Is something wrong?!" Branch asked.

"Let a pregnant woman go pee, would ya".

"Hehe...sorry".

Branch propped himself against the wall. He could hear rustling in the drawers behind the door. Then it stopped. The faucet ran and the sound of a glass cup on tile could be heard. Poppy stepped out of the bathroom; he gave her a skeptical look.

"What were you doing?"

"Me?" Poppy responded.

Branch nodded.

"What do ya think? It's okay to be protective of me but, there's nothing to worry about" she placed a kiss on his cheek, "now come on, we should get ready for this party".