Surprise for Poppy

I completely forgot I wrote this chapter so, here ya go...

   After the ceremony there was a big party. Laughter could be heard from the city as all the guests danced the night away. Butterfly took some group pictures of all the trolls in the wedding and probably way to many of Poppy and Branch.

   Throughout the night the two revived multiple "congratulations" and "we're so happy for you"s. The couple had been dancing and chatting with their guests and friends the whole time. When the party began to die down, Branch thought is was the perfect time to show Poppy his surprise.

   She was talking with Popcorn when he approached her, "hey Poppy can I talk to you?".

   She put a pin in her conversation with her friend and turned to him, "what's up?".

   "I have something to show you, come with me" he grabbed Poppy's hand and began to walk away from the party.

   "Wait are we leaving?" She asked.

   "No...yeah kinda, but we'll be back" Branch reassured her.

   "Okay, but there's one thing I wanna do first" Poppy let go of his hand. She walked over to a table they'd been eating at before and grabbed her bouquet. She then clinked a fork against a glass to get everyone's attention.

    She announced that she'd be throwing her flowers into the crowd. This caused a large crowd to gather; ready to snatch up the bouquet. As the poppies flew through the air multiple trolls ran to catch them. Just as they were about to land, a hand knocked them away from the group accidentally. The flowers continued to fly and landed in Sparkles lap. She was sitting by a nearby table and was definitely not expecting to receive it.

   "Well" Poppy too wasn't expecting that, "I guess that settles that" she smiled and joined Branch.
She hooked her arm in his and they walked to a different part of the forest.

    They came to a grove of trees with a wooden walkway winding through them. They same grove Skie had brought Branch to. It was dark out, but the moon provided just enough light to see where they were.

    "Where's this surprise of your's?" Poppy asked.

   "It's here, I promise, but you have to cover your eyes".

    "Alright" she giggled placing her hands over her them.

   Branch led her to a tree nearby, "Okay...open!".

   At first glance, she only saw the tree in front of her. She squinted at it and noticed some names carved into the trunk. After another look she realized it was there names with a plus in the middle. A blocky looking heart surrounded the whole thing.

   "Aw Branch" She grazed her fingers over the carving, "did you do this?".

   "Do you like it?" He asked.

   "Of course I do Branch!" She wrapped her arms around him, "I love it".

    "Well good, because I love you".

   She smiled up at him, "I love you too".

Was this a good ending? I kinda feel like it was missing something, but I'll let you be the judge of that.

I will be posting an epilogue tomorrow! So it's not quite over yet...