Split up

Mal and Skie walked up a dark staircase that lead to the cell where Branch was kept. Mallory held a key on a chain in her hand. They opened the door at the top to see an irritated Butterfly.

    "There were stairs this whole time?!" She complained moving out of the way of the iron bars.

    Mallory undid the small lock on the cell door, "sorry I threw you in here" she helped him off the floor, "Creek's idea not mine"

   Branch gave a slow nod. He still wasn't quite convinced that she was on their side, "we have to find Poppy" he headed for the stairwell door, ignoring her apology.

    "Branch" Butterfly stopped him.

   "I know, it's dangerous, but Poppy is my entire world and I'm-"

   "No! I'm just saying, we should take the slide down. It's much funner" she said walking to the yellow twisty slide.

   "Funner's not a word" Mallory mumbled to Skie.

   "Sh! Don't get her started" Branch replied instead.

   She shrugged it off and they all followed Butterfly down the slide.

    More Trolls were waking up and they were getting more chatty. The four needed to come up with a plan before anyone got too freaked out.

   "Well we clearly need to check on Poppy" Skie said.

   "Right" Branch agreed.

   "What should we do about everyone else?" Butterfly asked, gesturing to the room of tied up trolls.

   "We'll set them free, all of them. But they should stay here where it's safe" Mallory suggested, "if Creek was dangerous before, who knows what he's capable of now". Everyone nodded in agreement.

    "I'll stay here with Mallory and help set the others free" Skie volunteered.

    Butterfly nodded, "me and Branch will go and check on Poppy".

   Skie leaned to the fangirl, "a little warning: I hope you're not startled by flying objects" she whispered.
Butterfly responded with a concerned look, but kept quiet.

   "So it's decided" Branch grabbed Butterfly's arm, "come on Butterfly".

   "Wait Branch!" Skie called.

   He stopped in front of the door and turned, "What?" He was ready to leave and was tired of being stopped.

   "You two be careful okay!"

  "Dur!" Butterfly called before leaving. Branch tried to apologize before following her out of the dudgeon and back into the fog.

Sorry for the short chapter, there will be a longer one tomorrow