Where is Everyone

Skie and Branch were following Butterfly through the abandoned village. They walked around the main parts of the town, trying to avoid trouble.

   Sparkles still hadn't returned. This was somewhat rattling to Branch. He was usually annoyed by his older sister, but given the circumstances she could be anywhere, or even dead. He tried not to think about the possibilities too much. Besides, they had bigger problems to take care of.

    "Welp, here it is" Butterfly said.

  They stopped,standing in front of a large tree. There were windows on it's trunk, a red door at the base, and the whole thing was surrounded by a wooden picket fence. The three opened the gate and walked down the small cobblestone pathway.

   Once at the door, Butterfly knocked. No answer. She tried again, "Dr. Blackthorn? Jim? It's Butterfly, are you here?".

    Skie heard a rustling behind them. She began to wander back to the fence, her friends didn't notice. She scanned the area around them. When she didn't see anything she decided to join the others again.
But she never made it back.

    Branch noticed that Skie hadn't said anything in awhile. He looked beside him, she wasn't there. He began to panic again. Branch spun around in circles, she was nowhere.

     "Hey Butterfly, where-" he was cut off.

   "Ugh! The heck! Where is everyone?" Butterfly yelled at the door, "I'm sorry guys he's not...here".

   She turned to see she was completely alone, "guys! Where are you!?" She called, walking back to the gate, "come on guys this isn't funny".

  The last thing she remembered doing was closing the gate behind her. Then everything went blank.

Sorry this chapter was short and a cliffhanger. There will be a new and way longer chapter tomorrow.