Chapter 34

Songs for this chapter

Crazy Stupid Love - Cheryl Cole ft. Tinie Tempah  

Does he know? - One Direction

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"God, Luke, you're blending me with your smile", Calum laughs as he sits down next to me.

"What?", I ask confused and he laughs again. "You're smiling like it's Christmas and your birthday at the same time. No normal person grins like this even though we're having Math", he smirks.

Am I really smiling that big?

"I've only seen two people smiling like this today", Calum says. "You and.. Ariana."

He winks and I grin awkwardly. Does he know it?

"Well..", I begin but he cuts me off. "If you don't tell me you both are a couple now then I'm gonna rip your head off."

"Why do you think so?", I ask surprised. "None of you has ever smiled that big", Calum shrugs. "Yeah, okay, I admit it", I laugh and his eyes widen.

"Seriously?! Finally!", he shouts and a few people turn around. "Don't you have better things to do?", he asks awkwardly as he notices they're all staring at him.

As soon as they've turned the attention off him again he grins at me. "The world's been waiting long enough", he laughs while the teacher enters the room and shut us up.

***

"Hey, Carly!", Calum shouts as we make our way down the hallway. Carly turns around and waits for us until we catch up.

"You owe me 20 bucks", Calum tells her as we reach her. "Oh c'mon, seriously?", she asks and looks at me accusing. What, is it my fault now?

"Already?", she asks me annoyed. "Already what?", I question confused. "I thought it's gonna take like one more month", she frowns. "What's gonna take one more month?"

Carly keeps ignoring me and starts discussing something with Calum. Okay then.

"Here", Carly groans as she hands Calum 20 dollars. "For what's that?", I ask and finally they decide to answer me.

"We had a bet going on when you and Ariana will finally become a couple", Calum smirks. "I said it'll only take a month."

What the fuck?

"Gotta go tell Dan, he owes me 10", Calum laughs and leaves.

"I already miss my money but I'm happy for you", Carly tells me as she follows me to my locker. "We knew it was gonna happen."

Okay so obviously everyone but Ariana and me knew we were gonna become a couple? Nice.

"Weirdos", I tell Carly as I open my locker. "Just telling the truth", she winks and grins.

At that moment I spot Ariana a few feet behind her. She makes her way over to us and smiles. As I pull her closer to me Carly tenses up.

Actually this is the first time I've ever seen them near each other. I'm sure it's kinda weird for Carly.

Ariana smiles at her and Carly manages to crack a smile as well. "Hi", Carly mumbles and Ariana's smile widens. It's odd that she doesn't talk anymore.

"Haven't seen you in a while", Carly gulps and Ariana frowns. No, no, no. I hate seeing her unhappy.

I try to give Carly a sign to stop, I know Ariana already feels bad enough about pushing her friends away.

Finally Carly's eyes dart to me and I slightly shake my head before glancing at Ariana. She doesn't seem to notice but thankfully Carly gets the message.

"I gotta leave, see you", she quickly says and half smiles at us before she disappears into the crowd.

"Well that was awkward." I look down at Ariana who's leaning into me so no one else can hear her.

"I really wanna talk to her", she sighs. "I miss her. I miss all of them."

"But you will soon, won't you?", I ask and she nods. "Like we said, at the party", she giggles, then she glances at the clock above our heads.

"I need to leave", she says before she looks around. She quickly gives me a kiss on the cheek, then she walks away.

"Wow", I hear an annoying voice say behind me. I roll my eyes before I turn around and force myself to smile at Barbie.

"That escalated quickly", she tells me and furrows her eyebrows. "Not sure if best friends do that." "They don't", I simply reply and take my books out of my locker before closing it. "It's none of your business though."

A little smile creeps onto her face before she says, "Let's see how long it will last. We both know you can't seriously fall for someone who doesn't talk."

Shit. She can't know anything, can she? How would she know about Ariana's nightmares?

"I take that as a yes", she says before she makes an attempt to leave. "Well, I can", I grab her arm and look at her angrily.

"You're hurting me, idiot", she snaps and I quickly let go of her. "If you treat her the same as me, she'll have enough of you soon", she tells me and glares at me.

Well, I don't treat her the same way as you because she's not a bitch.

"I think I'm treating her pretty well", I say and narrow my eyes. "Whatever", Barbie says before she leaves me behind.

"Oh, and Luke", she shouts and stops. "I'll be counting the days till your break up. And I don't even need to be good at maths for that."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry, another filler, hope you enjoyed it anyway even though it was probably a little bit weird.. :D

70 votes and 70 comments till the next chapter is up :)

Thanks for reading, you guys are awesome :) xxx