Chapter 47

Songs for this chapter

Girl Almighty - One Direction

3000 Miles - Emblem3

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Oh my god, it's been ages!", the girl tells me, still hugging me tightly.

I've heard this voice before but I really don't know who it belongs to.

Ariana's standing behind her, raising her eyebrows and crossing her arms in front of her chest.

"Babe, don't kill him. You already know each other, I see?", Josh's voice calls. The girl giggles and pulls away, looking at me apologozing.

"Caitlyn!", I say surprised and she nods smiling. "Wow, it's been a long time, how's your grandma?", I ask. "She's great, you could say she's as good as new", Caitlyn smiles.

"I'm Ariana", my girlfriend jumps in.

"Oh, the birthday girl", Caitlyn smiles. "Happy birthday! Great party", she says and looks around.

"Thanks", Ariana replies and looks between the two of us. "Uhm, that's Caitlyn", I say.

"I know. I've been here the whole time", she snaps and I flinch at her tone, but I probably wouldn't react any different if a random guy threw himself at her like that.

I'm not blaming Caitlyn though, she's a quite open person from what I remember.

"I met her in the hospital once, when we visited Ashton", I explain and Ariana winces as I mention his name.

"You seem to get along pretty well", Josh says as he appears next to his girlfriend. "You just have to love her, right?"

He presses his lips against her cheek and Caitlyn blushes. Ariana's glare softens a bit and she sighs.

"It's nice to meet you", she half smiles and Caitlyn laughs lightly. "I know you actually want to kill me, sorry for hugging your boyfriend like that but don't worry, I'm happily taken", she grins and Ariana giggles embarrassed.

"No, no, I don't wanna kill you. It's really nice to meet you", she mumbles.

"We'll see each other later, yeah?", Caitlyn says and looks at me and Ariana.

I nod but Josh shakes his head. "I haven't seen Luke in a few weeks, we need to catch up on things", he protests but she softly drags him away.

As soon as she's gone Ariana tucks a streak of her brunette hair behind her ear and smiles awkwardly. "I.. Uhm.. I didn't mean to snap at any of you", she tells me and sighs.

"It's fine", I smile and reach out for her hand. She takes mine and looks at the ground. "I'm too childish and jealous, right?", she mumbles and I laugh.

"You know how jealous I am. It's fine."

"No, it isn't. We should trust each other", she replies and I gulp.

What's that supposed to mean?

"So you don't trust me?" The question comes out more like a statement.

"Of course I do! But still, everytime a girl comes near you I just want to push her away and lock you into a room with me", she says and grins a bit at the last part of her sentence. 

"And what would you do in there with me?", I smirk and she rolls her eyes.

"Luke, seriously, I do trust you but I feel like you're too good to be true."

And those are the exact words I didn't wanna hear.

I think back at the deal Michael and me made and for the first time in weeks I feel guilty again.

For about a month I actually wanted to act like I have feelings for her and the fact that I truly love her now doesn't mean the deal wasn't an asshole move.

"No, baby, you're too good to be true. I don't deserve you and that's why I'm jealous sometimes. You're the best thing that's ever happened to me and I'm just too afraid to lose you."

She shakes her head and I notice her eyes becoming a bit glossy.

"Don't say that. I love you", she cups my cheeks with her small hands and brings her lips to mine.

"I love you more", I tell her.

At that moment someone bumps into me and leaves again. "Thanks for ruining the moment", I groan and Ariana laughs.

"I'm gonna have a look at my presents, come on", she says and pulls me with her.

"About that, you'll get my presents at midnight", I tell her and she seems a bit confused. "Why exactly at midnight?"

"I want to be the first one to give you your presents on your real birthday", I explain and she laughs.

She starts unwrapping some of the presents while people crowd around her. They seem to be pleased with her reaction to all the presents and as soon as she's opened the last present we hear loud noises coming from the kitchen.

After a few seconds I realize it's Michael and a few boys singing "Happy Birthday" while Sandy carries a huge cake in our direction.

Ariana grins widely as they stop in front of her and she blows out the candles. Everyone starts clapping and she laughs.

"I feel like a kid again", she tells me and walks over to the table. Sandy places the plate onto it and Ariana cuts out a few pieces.

The first one goes to me and it tastes delicious. "Baked it myself", Sandy smiles proudly.

After I'm done eating I glance at the clock and notice it's nearly midnight. I look for Michael and actually get him to give me his car keys, probably because he's a bit drunk.

Two minutes before midnight I find Ariana and grab her hand. She turns around and smiles at me, then at the presents.

"Can we go outside?", I ask and she nods. We walk into her garden and luckily there aren't too many people.

I pull out my phone and start counting down. "Three.. two.. one.. Happy birthday", I smile and kiss her.

"I have two presents for you, open this one first", I tell her and she nods. She quickly unwraps it to reveal a new phonecase.

"When we went to the mall you told me you love this", I explain and she hugs me. "Thank you", she smiles and I take a deep breath.

"Now this one", I mumble and she furrows her eyebrows a bit. "Is something wrong?", she asks and I shake my head.

"This is just really personal. I hope you'll like it", I say quietly and hand her the little box.

She opens it and it seems like it takes ages until her jaw drops and her eyes widen.

She looks up at me and I nervously bite my lip. "It's beautiful", she whispers as she takes out the L-shaped necklace pendant.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for reading!

If anyone thought Luke's gonna propose.. hA no *evil laughter*

That'd be a bit too early haha

Anyway, comment and vote if you liked it :)

I'm really close to my goal of votes (which is 10K) so please if you're reading and enjoying this story but haven't voted for all chapters (or none at all) please go back and do that, it'd mean a lot :)

Okay, I'm done being thirsty now, hope you all had a good start in 2015 :)

I love you guys, bye :) xxx