Chapter 53

Songs for this chapter

Fool's Gold - One Direction

Love Sewn - The Wanted

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My eyes widen and I quickly cover my mouth with both hands. As if that's gonna push the words back in.

I stare at Ariana who's looking at me the way I never wanted her to look at me.

She doesn't look angry, not even a little bit, she just looks shocked and hurt. No, hurt isn't the right word. She looks broken.

"I didn't mean that", I whisper but she doesn't seem to hear me.

"Is that true?", she asks, barely audible. "Do I talk at night?"

"Uhm.. Y-yes", I stutter and she gulps. "Why didn't you tell me?"

"I wanted to keep talking to you..", I admit and she lets out a sarcastic laugh. "And let me guess, Michael knew all the way? Was that some part of the deal I didn't know about yet?"

"No! No, I didn't tell anyone. I mean.. Michael found out after a while but we were already together back then", I say.

"We were never together", Ariana mumbles. "When will you get that I really love you?", I ask frustrated.

"Just shut up, Luke", she sniffs. "I'm done with your shit."

"I swear, I-", I begin while I walk closer but she pushes me away.

"You swore you'll never hurt me, remember?!", she yells as she keeps hitting my chest.

"So don't swear, Luke! Don't swear you love me because you don't mean it!"

She stops hitting me and rests her palms on my chest while she breaks out in tears. "You said you'd never hurt me..", she whispers as she leans her head against my chest. "You promised it.."

"I'm so sorry, baby", I say as I wrap my arms around her.

"Why did you break that promise?", she asks quietly as her tears soak my shirt. 

"I.. I don't know", I tell her and she looks up at me.

"Let go of me", she says suddenly but I shake my head. "Luke, let me go", she says calmly.

How is she back to being calm again? Seconds ago she was breaking down in my arms.

"I love you", I say, now it's me who starts to sob. "And I need you."

"Let me go, Lucas", she says. "You've made such a mess, the least you could do now is let go of me."

I slowly remove my arms and she stumbles backwards. She trips over and falls, I reach for her hand but as I grab her wrist she glares at me.

"I don't want you to ever touch me again", she tells me as she wiggles out of my grip.

"Ariana, let's forget this. Please", I say in a rushed voice. "We can get through this. I know we can. And you know it too."

"I don't, actually", she replies. "But we can. I promise we can", I say.

"Stop promising things, Luke", Ariana sighs. "You made so many promises and broke all of them before you even made them."

That's not true. I love her. I fucking love her.

She makes an attempt to leave me behind but I grab her waist. "Don't leave me", I panic.

"I told you to not touch me again", she snaps but I tighten my grip.

"Stay", I choke between sobs. "No", she replies shortly.

I finally let go of her and she turns her face away from me. I hear silent sobs and realize she's crying but doesn't want me to see it.

Now that I let go of her I expect her to leave me behind but she doesn't move. We stand in silence for a few minutes until I find the courage to ask her the question that's been bugging me since yesterday.

"Who told you?", I ask and she looks up. "Why does that matter?"

"I want to know who made me seem like I don't love you because that's a lie. I made that deal but I do love you", I say and she sighs.

"It was Stacy", she tells me.

What?!

"Stacy?", I ask surprised and she nods. "And you believed her? Why?"

"Because she recorded it!", Ariana frowns. "What do you mean?"

"She recorded Michael when he told someone about it!"

"What the fuck?! He promised me he won't tell anyone!", I say angry and she furrows her eyebrows.

"Because then you'd still be lying, huh?", she asks and I quickly shake my head. "It wasn't a lie, I love you!"

"I should go now", she says. "Don't", I beg. "I love you!"

"Bye, Luke", she gulps. "You can't imagine how hard this is for me because I love you more than anything. But that doesn't change the fact that it was all a big ass lie", she sniffs and takes a few steps away from me.

"So we're over?", I ask and she closes her eyes like she's in pain, then she nods. "We're over, Luke."

"You don't want that", I say and she sighs. "You're right. I don't want that but we can't do this."

"We can! Please, give me another chance", I plead. "Why would I?", she asks, suddenly angry.

"Can you give me one reason? And don't you dare start that 'I love you' shit again!"

"I need you. And you need me."

"I don't fucking need you, Luke! I don't need your lies!", she shouts and I wince. 

I need to make her stay. Just how?

"Baby.." "Get out of my life!"

My heart stops beating for a second and I feel like everything around me freezes.

"You don't mean that..", I say quietly. "I do. I can't stand to be around you. Do you know how much it hurts?"

"You can't go through more pain than I do!", I raise my voice. It's not possible. She means everything to me and wants to leave me.

"Believe me, I can." A few more tears roll down her cheek, before she turns around and walks away.

"We can make this work again!", I yell after her but she ignores me.

"Don't leave me.."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for reading!

I feel like I lost so many readers and I'm relly sorry because this story turned out to be so shitty but I hope at least some of you are still enjoying it

I was looking forward to all this drama but I don't really know what you guys think about it because I hardly get any comments so I guess it sucks lol

Anyway, if you like it please vote and comment :)

Love you guys xxx