Chapter 22: Who Would've Thought We'd End Up Here?

Eva

After quite some time together, Andy and I developed a routine.

I'd usually wake up first on my own, do my bathroom routine, and make some breakfast for us. Andy didn't care what I made. I could make oatmeal, or eggs with bacon, he'd be fine with either one.

While I made breakfast, Andy would wake up and do the same as me. After his bathroom business, he joins me to eat, and we'd go get dressed for the day. I always come with Andy to the studio to help him if I can.

Yep! It's been like that for 4 months now! And every day I've spent with him has been wonderful. Whether we're in the studio, watching TV and movies together, or going out and about, it's always a fun time with him.

In this time, he's done so much with his music. He finished the rest of his album! I'm featured in Stay Alive and Paint It Black too! On a couple other songs, my background vocals are also used.

John has been updating his Instagram full of Andy, hyping up his album release which was finally released a week ago. John told us to tune into radio station 104.3 to listen for some of Andy's songs. He said he reached out to that radio station and let them listen to Andy's album. So hopefully, they liked some songs enough to put them on the radio. We still haven't heard anything of his though, maybe soon.

His album has received some attention on its own from about 4K listeners, the number slightly growing every day. Y'all don't even know how proud I am of him. He's come so far and his dream is taking off now. When I first learned he was working with music, I knew he'd be a star. He looks and sounds the part, this is what he was made for.

The moment his album was released, I could imagine the long lines of fans waiting for tickets to see him, the crowds cheering for him, and the lives he'd save. He will be known by the entire world.

Now, we're getting dressed to head out to the studio. John has been working with radio stations, where else to make The Shadow Side available, and all that stuff that Andy likes to be present for.

I put on some leggings, a lightweight, loose t-shirt with a tiger on it, and my black converse. Andy wore a Bengals shirt, ripped black jeans, and his combat boots.

"Remember to get the raincoats." Andy said as I tied my hair up.

"And you remember the umbrellas." I smiled.

It's December, and in CA, the winters are mild and wet. I liked the rain as a demon, especially the rumbling thunder, and I still like it.

I grabbed our raincoats while Andy got the keys and umbrellas. We needed to hurry or we'd be late, come on, Andy.

"Stud, for as long as we've lived together, I've made sure you weren't late to the studio. The day I fail will not be today, let's gooo." I hurried him along.

He quickly locked the apartment door and we ran to the elevators.

When we stepped outside, it was drizzling a little. The sky was a light grey and gloomy. Still rushing, we ran to the car and drove speedily to the studio.

I put the radio on and listened, hoping for one of Andy's songs to appear. Some songs would begin similarly to Andy's, but they weren't his, and we were both disappointed.

We listened until Andy parked in the parking lot of the studio. "Oh well," he sighed, "maybe when we drive back home."

"Can we listen for just another minute? This song is about to end." I stopped him from turning the car off.

He frowned slightly and leaned his head back on the seat. Oh, I couldn't deal when he was upset.

Something familiar started playing on the radio though! Then we heard the "here's where it starts" to Put The Gun Down!