Chapter 6: At The Borrower Hospital

At The Borrower Hospital

At exactly ten minutes passed,

   I stopped the motorcycle in front of the Borrower Hospital. I removed the helmet on my head and hanged it on the motorcycle's handle. I look at my wristwatch, 11:10 in the evening. Exact time. I smiled. I opened the box at the back and pulled out the orders.

" Here it is. " I whispered.

Then, I breathe hard.

  My heart beats too fast while my feet are walking too slow.  A familiar emotion is suddenly raise into my veins. My heart beats faster as I move closely to the entrance of the hospital. I stopped in front of the entrance door. I turned up my head and turned back in my front then, I breathe hard.

  Coldness approach me as my right foot step inside the hospital. Coldness. Yes, coldness. And that smell, that familiar smell of the hospital, that only in a hospital you can smell it. And, it is not enticing in my sense of smell. I can't help not to sniff it 'cause if I don't I might lost my breath. I wipe my nose on my right shoulder since I was not able to wipe it using my hands. My both hands are carrying the orders.

  I went directly in the information desk.

  I smiled.

  " Good evening, Ma'am! A delivery for Ma'am Mika from the Blue Feather Book Cafe. " I said.

The nurse just look at me and said " Just wait. "

I just nod.

I sighed.

I look around. I'm looking for a vacant table or anything where I can put down the orders. Unluckily, there are nothing on here aside from the desk in my front that full of papers.

I breathe hard.

  It is not that too heavy. Yes, it is not. I can carry these. Yes, I can. Of course, I can.

   I let my eyes to roam around the hospital. Few patients, an old lady on the right bench of the hospital with her grandchild, maybe. A kid who has a mask on his mouth together with his mother. A crippled man with his, I think his wife. They are waiting for their turn. The pain is shown on their faces. They are suffering from pain.

   I turned my head on the right side of the hospital. A pregnant woman is slowly walking back and forth assisted by his husband, I think. A laboring mother.

" Emergency! Emergency! Emergency! "

  I felt shock with the shout. I turned my head at my back, at the entrance door, and my eyes widened. I almost slip my hand fr holding the orders. Oh God!

" Emergency! Emergency! Emergency! " shouted by a police officer.

  An accident. A man on a stretcher that has full of blood on his face. Oh God!

A snap on my face brought back myself to me.

" Hey , here's the payment. Thanks! " She said while smiling. She's wearing a white coat and a stethoscope that hangs on her neck. A doctor. My eyes look on the name tag on her coat, Dra. Jammika Umbre M.D.

" Oh, yes. Thanks, Mika! " I said then I gave their orders.

She smiled. " Your welcome. You're not used to see an accident, right? "

I laughed. " Well, yes, sort of. You know, I used to be surrounded by books and coffees. "

She laughed.

  We're colleagues. Professor Raphael's sister. We both came on the same high school before. And, we're living on the same village, though we're not that too close, since she's too focus on her studies to become a doctor. And, she already achieved it. It's good to her. How lucky she is.