Prologue

Prologue

I heard of several knocks.

" Tarrah! What time will you wake up? Aren't you go to school today? " My mom said while knocking on the door of my room.

I didn't answer but I covered my ears instead.

Then, I heard the door opens.

" Stand up! Get ready to go to school. " My mom said then she removed the pillow on my head.

I sighed.

It is not that I don't want to go to school. I just don't want to see them, those bullies.

" Stand up! " shouted by my mom.

I sighed.

Then, I stand up and dragged my feet in the bathroom to take a bath.

" Eat your breakfast first before going to the school. I left it on the table in the kitchen. " She said aloud while knocking on the bathroom's door.

" Tarrah! Can you hear me? Did you heard me? Did you heard what I said? " She said aloud.

" Yes Mom! " I shouted back.

" Okay, I will go to work now. " She said.

Silence.

I sighed.

I stared in the mirror. I combed my shoulder-length black hair using my fingers.

Then, my fingers stopped in my head when it felt something. That part of my head with a scar.

I sighed.

I just know that I am so lucky.

I was three years old at that time when I have suffered from malnourishment, as what my Mom told to me. It was due to poverty. My parents are having a hard time to raise me even if I am their only child. My mother was working as a Preparatory Teacher while my father was working as a Construction Worker. My mother said that my life is in danger at that time but because of my guardian angel, my illness got cured. Yes, she said that I have a guardian angel from the day that I was born.

" Guardian Angel, where are you? " I whispered while putting my school ID on my neck.

I sighed.

I look around on my light blue painted room. Then, I turned up on the sky painted on my ceiling. A beautiful sky. I looked at my window and closed it. There, I noticed a roll of brown paper on its side.

Here it is again. A letter. I opened it. A letter from my guardian angel. Same words.

I sighed.

As what I used to do before I leave my room, I went to my cabinet and touched my angel figurines and angel dolls. I know that guardian angels are true. I knew it. I picked up the square old box that placed on the corner side of the cabinet. I blew the dust on top of it. Then, I opened it.

Yes, letters, collection of letters. Letters from my guardian angel.

I can still remember it. I was five years old at that time when I first received a letter from my guardian angel. I had an accident at that time. When the basketball ring was accidentally fell on my head. We were watching a basketball play for kids at that time. But, because of my clumsiness, I played along with them. I was under the basketball ring when its ring fell on top of my head. Then, I fainted. I heard my mom shout at that time. When I woke up, I was already in the hospital. That's the time where I noticed a letter on the bedside table. A letter from my guardian angel. Then, a year after, I don't know why I am too careless, I was six years old when a hammer accidentally fell down on my head. Then, I also received a mystery letter from my guardian angel.

Then, years passed, I was ten years old when I almost suffered from polio. I was in the parade for the school when the heavy rain falls down. I was so tired at that time. Due to over fatigue, my leg part suffered from cramps. It was almost became a polio but luckily on my part, I survived. At that time, I received again a letter from my guardian angel.

I breathe hard.

Luckily, I am in a good condition now. I grew up normal, without any complications. I am now in my high school. I can still receive a letter from my guardian angel. I don't know who he is. I don't even know if my guardian angel is a boy or girl. I don't know, though, enclosed to the letters is a blue feather. It always have a blue feather. Well, it doesn't matter. The important thing is, I know that I have my guardian angel.

I turned my look again to the paper that I just saw from the window. A new letter from my guardian angel.

Smile! Things will gonna be okay. I promise you.

Sincerely yours,

Your Guardian Angel

Same words.