Chapter 14: At The Moonstone Village

At The Moonstone Village

           I yawned and I stretched my both arms while I am walking, going to our house. I am already sleepy. Oh! I forgot, not "I", we, we are walking together. He is walking beside me. I didn't notice that he is walking with me. Our house is located after of five houses from the entrance gate of the Moonstone Village. And the house of the family of Gallo is located in front of our house.

I turned my look on my right side. I looked at him, from head down to his shoes and from his shoes goes back to his face.

" Busy. " I whispered. " At this hour. "

He is busy in using his phone. He's been focus on his phone from the time we left the Blue Feather. And, I think, he is walking with his phone. Oh, yes! He is walking with his phone.

I stopped in front of the gate of our house. I am about to open the gate but I stop from opening it. My mouth opened widely.

And, I laughed. I can't stop my laugh on not to come out from my mouth.

I rolled my eyes.

" Gabriel! " I called him. I shouted his name.

" Gabriel! " I shouted his name again.

He is continue on walking. He did not notice that we are already here in front of our house.

My God!

He is already on the next block.

" Gabriel! " I shouted again.

He stopped from walking and he turned his head on his right side and on his left side. He looked at the house besides him. He turned at his back. I waved my hand to him. His eyes widened. Then, he ran towards me.

He is breathing hard.

From three to four houses, he ran that gap to get to where I am standing.

" Why you did not call me? " He said in between of breathing.

" I called you. Three times. " I said and I started in opening the gate of our house.

" You are busy. " I said.

" No, I am not. You did not talk to me while we are walking. " He said.

" You are busy on your phone. Work? " I said.

" No, I said I am not busy. You did not talk to me while we were walking. " He said.

" I think you are busy. " I insisted.

" No, I am not. You did not talk to me while we are walking. My God! How many times should I need to repeat that, Tarrah? " He said aloud.

" Ssshhh. Silence. It is already dawn. The time is already past twelve midnight and all our neighbors are already sleeping by now. " I said in calm voice.

I looked at him and pushed him going to their house.

" Go now! Goodnight, Gabriel! " I said to him.

" Wait, you did not heard what I said. I said I am not busy and you are not talking with me while we are walking. " He whispered but I can hear it.

" Yes, I heard it, Gabriel. I just don't understand it. So, goodnight, Gabriel. Have a good sleep! " I whispered it too.

And I entered in our house.

He sighed.

" Goodnight, Tarrah! " He shouted.

" Ooopppss.. Goodnight, Tarrah! " He whispered.

I sighed.

A kid. After all these years, he is still in the mind of a child.