Chapter 17: At The Tonettia

At The Tonettia

I removed my helmet and put it on the motorcycle. Then, I went near the Security Guard to ask for assistance. The Security Guard assisted me and led me going to the entrance door for the VIP Guest, in the other side of the main entrance of the Tonettia Boutique, not the entrance door on where that woman entered awhile ago.

I followed the Security Guard.

I saw her, that woman who left me without helping me to go to the program. She did not even bother to explain it to me. The woman is turning back going to the parking lot.

My eyes followed her without noticing that I am already in front of the door, and the panel of the door hit my head.

"What the-?! " I accidentally said aloud.

"Are you okay, Sir?" said by the Security Guard.

I smiled.

"Yes. Thank you! Is that the way going inside?" I asked.

"Yes." The Security Guard said.

"Thank you!" I said.

"You're welcome, Sir!" The Security Guard said and left me.

I entered inside of the Tonettia and went directly to the staffs of Tonettia Boutique to ask for my seat.

I sat in the front row, the rows for the "VIP Guests", on where I was led by the staffs of Tonettia.

I looked around the area.
The program is already starting.

I arrived late on the program because I almost forgot that I was invited to come here. I have many works earlier that is the reason on where I never thought of this anniversary program of the Tonettia Boutique. I also have second thought of coming here. I thought of not to come tonight but because Antonette Sales, the owner of the Tonettia Boutique, was personally invited me, I felt embarrassed of not coming. She sent the invitation to me twice, through the mail and through the e-mail. She even called me one hour before the start of the program to make sure that I will come.

I'm working in a firm that is located in front of the Tonettia Boutique. Tonettia is only few steps away from the office but I came from the other location for my clients and this is the reason in my late arrival tonight. I don't have a choice. I cannot leave my work without ensuring that all my works are all done. I do not want to terminate myself. I will not earn money if I will terminate myself. Think, if I will terminate myself, who will pay my salary? How about my workmates? Who will pay their salary if I will terminate myself? If I will terminate myself, the Fonres Firm will be close forever. How will I eat? Where will I get money to eat? How will I make chocolate if I don't have money? And, I need Antonette Sales, she is my client on preparing contracts. I need her money.

I am Kingpaul Fonres but I used to be called as Paul, Attorney Kingpaul Fonres, well actually, an Attorney con Prosecutor con Policeman con Trained Soldier, Oh! well actually, an Attorney con Prosecutor con Policeman con Trained Soldier con Chocolate Maker. An Attorney con Prosecutor con Policeman con Trained Soldier con Chocolatier. I love chocolates. Oh, Yes! I really love chocolates especially if it is flavored on Ice Cream and Cake. I personally manage the Fonres Firm and the Fonres Chocolates.

My eyes roam around to look for Tonette. She is my client from the time she start her business. She was introduced to me by my college classmate, Raphael Umbre, a Professor now. Raphael and I was enrolled on the same units in college before that made us became acquaintance and more talks and now became closer friend. Actually, it is not only Tonette is my client, even also Nathaniel Loresco, the restaurant owner.