Chapter 13: At The Blue Feather BookCafe

At The Blue Feather BookCafe

" Good morning! " Tonette said upon entering the Blue Feather. She went directly in the counter and ordered.

" Good morning too, Tonette! " Esther said.

" Oh, Auntie Esther, you're here. Where is Tarra? " She said while looking on the menus.

" She's in the home. " Esther said.

" What do you want? " Esther said in a sweet voice.

" Just a regular cup of coffee, with milk. " Tonette said. " Why she's not here? "

Esther sighed. " What else is the reason? Hmmm.... Tonette? "

Tonette's smiled shyly.

" Ah....I don't know? " She said while smiling awkwardly.

" Oh, my- you are still a kid, right? " Esther said.

Esther gave the cup of coffee to Tonette.

" She's with you last night. " Esther said while receiving the payment from her.

" Yes, and I'm sorry Auntie Esther. That was just a program in the Moonstone University. But, I know that they left the University earlier than us. She went home with Nathaniel last night. " Tonette explained.

Esther nodded. " I know. "

Tonette looked at her wristwatch. " She is still asleep? At this hour? Twelve o'clock noon? " She said.

Then, she turned her look in the wall clock of the Blue Feather and turned back her look on her wristwatch.

" I am right. Twelve o'clock noon. " She said while looking on the wall clock and on her wristwatch.

" No, she's already awake when I left our home but she said that she will not come here in the Cafe today, but she will go here later before the closing of the Cafe. Maybe, she still want to sleep or to have some rest, maybe. " Esther explained.

" Okay. " Tonette said then she went in the vacant chair near the counter and sat.

Esther stood up and went in the kitchen. Upon coming out, she's already holding a tray of food. She went on the table where Tonette is sitting. She put down the tray of food.

Cooked rice and sautee'd vegetables and fried fish.

" Let's eat. " Esther said.

Tonette smiled. " Thanks, Auntie Esther, but no, I'm okay. "

Esther raised her right eyebrow then she put the empty plate in her front. She gave her a pair of spoon and fork.

" Eat, Tonette. It's already twelve o'clock noon. You will starve if you only drink a cup of coffee. And, enough from sweet drinks and sweet foods. I know that it is not always good for the body if you will always eat sweets. " She explained. " So, eat. "

" I understand, Auntie Esther and thanks! " Tonette said then started on eating.

" Oh, I want to ask, why are you here? " Esther said. " Did you close the Tonettia? " She's pertaining on her boutique shop, a shopping store for clothes.

" No. I just came here to drink coffee and to do some works here too. " Tonette explained in between of eating.

" Oh, okay. " Esther said.

" Where's Uncle Ron? " Tonette said while looking around.

" He's not here. He's in the Nathaniel's farm. He's getting the stocks on their farm. " Esther said while eating the last food on her plate then she drank water.