Chapter 20: At The Blue Feather Book Cafe

At The Blue Feather Book Cafe

The life of human is really full of surprises. The life of human is a story of unpredictable future but can be forecasted though, still unpredictable forecasted future, not distinct.

I sighed.

"PoPo?" I called him. He is busy in reading the books.

He is standing while reading.

"The books here have the almost the same definitions of Angels, most of the books that I read." He said.

" It's okay. Stop searching, Paul. Thanks! " I said and I stand up from the counter and walk going to his direction.

I was about to approach him but the surrounding was suddenly change into a farm. A familiar farm, like I have been went here before.

I looked around and all I can see is the wide farm that has variety of plants and animals, I think and I am standing in front of..... a house?

" Daniela!" shouted by an old voice.

I turned my look to the owner of the voice. She is standing in the door.

An old woman.

White strands of hair.

Eyeglasses.

She's wearing a white below the knee dress with blue blazer on top of it and a white flat shoes.

"Mama Anita?" I whispered in confuse. " Mama Anita?! " I called her back. " What are you doing here in the Blue Feather? " My voice is gradually lower down because I notice that I am not inside of the Blue Feather.

Yes, I am not in the Blue Feather.

My heart is beating fast.

"Daniela!" Mama Anita shouted. She looks a bit irritated. " Come here, kid! Why are you so hard-headed? Come here! " She shouted.

She is calling me? She is looking at me.

But, I am not Daniela.

I saw her approaching me and she tap my right arm and pinch my right ear then she held my right arm and pulled me to get inside of the house.

" I told you to come inside. Can't you see the rain? It's raining. You may got sick if you will get wet. Look, you are drenched now. You are so hard-headed, kid. " She said.

I look at outside on where I am standing awhile ago, I cannot see the rain. And, I did not feel the rain. There is no rain. It is not raining.

" It's not raining Mama Anita. " I said to her and I cannot feel any drops of water in my body.

Mama Anita entered in an old style designed house with an open balcony upstairs. Sophisticated look as of a woman. A spanish-style house that has a wall that painted in a pure magenta in color and a white roof.

She opens the gate on the terrace. A black railed terrace and a white with red-dotted tiled-floor. She open the main door and get inside.

I followed her.

A wide sala with white long sofas and a glass center table in the middle, and a white scented candle on top of it. A LED Television in its front and a glass chandelier attached on the ceiling. Cream painted wall and a beige tiled floor with a large dark brown carpet.

I look around.

Square windows that has pink florals curtains.

A comfortable look yet so sophisticated.

She went in a room and upon coming back she is holding a dry towel and a folded clothes and shoes.

She went near me and kneel in my front. She started to wipe my face and my hair.

And, I felt shivered. The air-conditioner makes me feel more chill because of the cold and because of the water.....on me?

I started to feel confuse. Why I am drenched upon we entered the house? And, why Mama Anita is kneeling in front of me? Am I that short? I know I am taller than her.

"Look, Daniela, please stop being a stubborn child, understand? I'm sure your parents wil get mad at you if you continue on disobeying us." She said while wiping my hair.

"I am not Daniela, Mama Anita. " I said in confuse.

"Stop playing outside while raining. How many times will I need to tell it that to you?" She said.

"But, I am not Daniela, Mama Anita. What is happening here?" I said and started to feel afraid at the moment.

I called Paul.

"Paul! Paul! Paul!" Where is that man? He is only reading the book of angel in my front, a minutes before. But, where is he? Oh, God! I started to feel startled at the moment. I don't want what is happening to me and what I'm feeling now. I'm scared!

Mama Anita started to remove my clothes but I stop her hand.

My God! I'm too old to unwear my clothes in the living room while the entrance door is still open and there are some people outside. Will she wants to undress me in front of those people? Does she wants to embarrased me?

She tapped hard my hand from stopping her and she remove my dress. A little dress, for a five to six years old kid, maybe.

Then, she wear the dress that she's holding to me. It fits exactly on me. It is a dress. A white long sleeve knee-dress and a blue flat doll shoes. I changed my clothes. I look at in my reflection in front of the mirror. It fits on me. Just enough length and wide. The pair of shoes is perfectly fit on my feet. I combed my hair using my fingers. Then, I wipe my face using my palms.

I felt confused, and scared. Why I am in the body of a kid?

I close my eyes and wipe hardly my face. What is happening? Oh, my God!

I felt that I was shaking so hard by someone in my shoulders.

"Tarrah! Tarrah! Tarrah!" Paul said while shaking me. "You're blocking the customers."

I opened my eyes, but my eyes are already open while staring blankly in my front. I did not close my eyes.

And, I saw the face of Paul in my front while shaking me.

"What are you doing? Stop shaking me! " I said to him and pushed so hard to move away from me.

"I'm sorry, Sir/Ma'am." I said to the customers at my back.

I went to the counter and serve the customers.

"I'm sorry! I thought you fell asleep while standing there and while your eyes are open." He even teased me instead. This man!

" Don't do that again, Paul, or I will kick you in outside of Blue Feather. " I said in gritted-teeth to him.

He raised his both hands. "Okay. Okay. I'm sorry. I'm sorry. Sorry. And, sorry. I only thought you already fell asleep while standing. Again, I'm sorry." He said sincerely. "I'm really sorry. I will never do it again, I promise."

I turned back my look to the customer and assist them.