Chapter 9: At The Moonstone Village

At The Moonstone Village

The sky is dark.
Few stars.
A full moon.
A silent night.
Cold wind.
A group of stars that forms as of a rosary is shown in the dark sky.
Solemnity, as always.
As always.
Yes, as always.

Silence.

         I'm living with my parents in the Moonstone Village, thirty-minutes travel from the Blue Feather BookCafe. The Moonstone Village is not as of a prestigious subdivision but more of a simple, homey-style village. A simple village yet has shown the elegance on its surroundings. Simplicity, yes, simplicity like of a calmness on someone's mind and heart. Simplicity, calmness, silence. As always, as always.

I sighed.

As always.

Breathe in.
Breathe out.

      I sighed upon entering our home. I look around, a wall painted in white that match on the beige tiled floor. I did not bother to open the light in the living room since it is already late night. My parents might be awaken if they will see light. I went directly to my room instead. I combed my wet hair using my fingers. I am drenched because of the heavy rain and wipe the drops of water on my straight black pants and three-fourth gray round-neck blouse. I almost slipped from running earlier because of those three, Gabriel and Raphael, and Mikael.

    I sat on my bed then I unwear my shoes and placed it on the shoe racks. I unwear my bag and place it on my table. I lay my body in my bed after a while.

I breathe hard.

   My eyes roamed around the light blue painted room. And, I turned up on the sky painted on my ceiling. A beautiful sky. The same old paints, the same when I was a kid, a teenager, it did not change. I never change it. Yes, I chose not to change the whole color of the paints in my room. It was just repainted. But, it was still the same. Yes, the same. Same as before. The same as before.

        I sighed and stand up from lying on my bed. I changed my clothes, the usual sleeping clothes. A pair of white shirt and below-the-knee short.

      I went to the mirror and I combed my hair. My eyes accidentally turned to my cabinet. I stayed looking at it. I saw the figurines on top of it. These figurines.

My lips formed a smile.
And, I sighed.

   I removed the dust that is almost covering the whole figurines. Several years has been passed, that was the last time I cleaned these 'cause now, my whole mind is busy in the Blue Feather BookCafe. I touch my angel figurines and angel dolls. I knew that guardian angels were true, that was what I believing for, before. Yes, before. I pick up the square old box placed on the corner side of the cabinet. I blow the dust on top of it. Then, I opened it.

Yes, letters.
Collection of letters.
Letters from my guardian angel.
I think I have a supply of these since I was receiving it daily.
It never stops, until now. Until now.

I sighed and placed back the box on top of the cabinet.

   I am tired. Yes, tireness, but not because of serving those customers, but because of the overflowing thoughts that keeps on moving circular in my mind. I'm tired on thinking, anything. Anything.

   I went on my window and open it.

   A dark sky.

       I sat on the chair near my window. I place my right hand
below my chin and stare outside. My room's window is faces in the street. At this late night, there are still few vehicles passing by. In front of our house is the Gallo's residence, while on our right side is the Umbre's residence and the next block, after ours, is the Sales's residence. Beside the Gallo's residence is the Ruiz's residence, in their right side when your facing in front of the Gallo's house.