#6 Funeral

alexis_pink56
^Thank you for the votes ^

Cora's POV

**********************************
"Retreat " Steve's voice echoes among the people . "This is not over yet " he mumbles tears in his eyes . I gather up the weapons and head to my house . Tears stain my eyes as I lay down on my bed . Why? Why? Why? Why did this have to happen ? Why did my brother have to die ? Why did my mom have to leave ? Why did dad have to become an alcoholic ? Why did Steve go after me of all people ? Why did this all happen to me ? The divorce , Kendrick's death , my alcoholic of a dad , my bitchy mom and Steve . It feels like it's all a part of a curse . With my head leaned against my tear soaked pillow I fall asleep .

*Next day *
"Are you coming ?" Xavier yells from downstairs .

"Yes " I shout back looking at my black skin tight dress topped with long black gloves and black high-heeled boots . Clearly a funeral outfit . I run downstairs and follow the rest of the people into the woods . The bodies are already there and the graves have been dug . Tears glisten in the eyes of the people standing around me . I glance at the row stopping carefully at Ashley . I agreed along with her parents to let her get buried with the rest of the gang . She has always been a friend of mine .

"It's a sad thing that we are joined here today to grieve and not to laugh and smile like we usually do ......." Aiden says . I keep trailing off and focusing on Ashley's dead body . The way she smiled and told me someday she would join us. But each year somehow her parents would find out and stop her from joining .

*Flashback *

Click , the door opens and like usual Mrs. Clarkson won't smile at me . She stands grudgingly against the door frame starring at me .

"Give it a rest mom "Ashley comes out of the house and walks towards the car . I smile at her glad she wants to talk . It's been a thing for a while now , calling each other if we need to talk . Both of us are going through though times at the moment . With my mom gone for only a month and Ashley's sister being being sent to boarding school . Her parents might do the same to her so this gives us plenty to talk about . "Hey, stop the car " she leans against her headrest .

"Okay "I smile at her as I turn the car off.

"I'm going to boarding school "she says tears in her eyes .

"What are you sure ?" I ask.

"Yes " I spend the rest of that night holding her and letting her sob into my sleeve . I keep promising her I'll find a way to get her out of it . If I don't we can do it together .

*End of Flashback *

We did end up finding a way to stop her from going to boarding school and that's what's kept us together . Eventually we grew more apart and I guess she turned on me.

"Cora your turn " My thoughts are interrupted .

"Yes " I frown but then go on " All of us have our moments . Those moments where we treat someone special like a peace of you . Or maybe you're the one that makes other feel like you are a peace of them . With all of these very special people we have shared those moments . So tonight let's cheers to their short lives that they cherished so " I have tears in my eyes when I'm done talking .

I help as they close the caskets to be buried . I watch as the bodies are laid in their graves and buried carefully . When everyone's gone I walk towards all the graves and plant a tulip . A tulip that reminds us to never go into such a fight again . With one last kiss on every grave I leave . Well I'm about to leave when I see a note .

"He's using you Cora
Don't accept him "it says . At first I don't belive but I turn it around and glare furiously at the texts . I storm back in and look for Aiden . When I find him I half question and half scream "Is it true ? Are you using me ? "

He stutters and steps back . Tears from in my eyes and I can't resist the urge to scream "After I told you my darkest secrets . After I let you fight by my side . After I let you join our special funeral you do this to me ? Aiden huh? I'm not a toy Aiden "

"I'm so sorry .. "he starts but I push him away and climb a few steps of the stairs. Tears are already soaking my dress up . After all I've done for him this is how he repays me .

"After you got me pregnant " I mutter as I descend up the stairs.

*Aiden's POV *

"Is it true ? Are you using me ? " she screams .

At first I am shocked and take a step back . I realize I have to say something . She blabbers on about how after she did all this for me this is how I repay her . But that's not the freaky part ... she's right this is how I repay her . I'm an idiot , selfish , stupid and whatever other words you can think of .

"I'm so sorry ..." I start but she pushes me away .

As she stomps I think I hear her say something but my brain is too busy calling myself an idiot . The stupid Aiden that once ruled has come back . After watching a few of my best friends get buried this is not how I would like it to end . I love Cora but I still kind of small using her . Once a user always a user . But this user wants to tell Cora that he loves her very soon .Tears well in my eyes and I run to the nearest room and curl myself up in the bed . The worst thing is nobody followed me like they did for Cora . I mean who would want to follow such an idiot .

************************************************

I'm back on watt pad ! Yah me !

Hope you liked it ..

💟Helena and mahei3997 💟

Also check out ..

My brother's gang leader by Annabrauntml

All of mahei3997 's books

And sugoe12

Byeee!