#23 Moments

Potd is my frend
mahei3997
*Aiden's POV*
I tighten my grip in Cora as I try to put myself in front of both of them . I watch as Cora closes her beautiful green eyes and hugs Cole's little body tighter . I smile just a bit and join her waiting for the impact . After what seems like 10 seconds I look up wondering why no one has been hit by a bullet .

"It's okay " I hear my Dad in law comfort someone . The sobs continue and I come to the conclusion that Debbie is crying . I see that Cora is also looking up wondering . I nod and slowly both of us turn out heads . Hanes's body is lying on the ground lifeless and Debbie is on her knees with Cora's dad comforting her . A gun is laying at her feet and all the others are standing there in shock .

I step towards Debbie but feel a hand on my shoulder . "Let them have their moment " Cora whispers .

"Okay " I nod and take Cole .

"Let's go " she smiles taking my hand . I simply nod and slowly we walk off the patchy ground . I set Cole into his seat and start the car .

"Are you okay ? " I hear Cora's soft voice ask me .

"Yeah if you are " I nod taking her hand .

"Well I'm fine if you are " she giggles .

"I guess we're both fine then " I kiss her hand lightly .

"Unless Cole isn't fine " she turns around to look at his sweet face .

"Awe I think that's a I'm fine " I laugh as Cole blabbers .

"His first blabber " Cora coes sweetly .

" Take a picture " I smile . She takes her phone out and clicks a picture .

"I got this journal for us so we can track him growing up " Cora says as she looks through her diaper bed throughly .

"Good idea " I agree .

"Oh here it is " Cora pants as she sits back on the seat ." Cole blabbered for the first time on June second . We were in the vehicle coming back from a scary moment and when mommy and daddy asked him if he was fine he blabbered . We're taking it he's saying he's fine " Cora says as she writes this down .

"Awe that's awesome " I complement her .

"Now we just have to print this picture and put it on the page " she says handing the book to me .

"Now this is great " I smile looking at the cute pages for our sons memories .

"I also got you something don't worry " she pats my back as I give the book back to her .

"Awe you didn't have to " I coo .

"But I wanted to " she says leaning against me .

"Well I got you something to " I kiss her head softly .

"Awe you also didn't nave to " she copies my coo .

"But I also wanted to " I lean against her awkwardly as I try to need driving

"That's sweet but no one should squish their wife " she groans trying to push me off .

"I guess " I say getting up .

"There you go " she exaggerates her breathing . I smile at her as I look her up and down . Her messy hair is all over the place and she's wearing a tired crooked smile . She's wearing a white tank top and grey sweatpants . Her stomach is showing a bit through the tank top .

"What ? " she looks at me with her blue eyes confused .

"I just realized you are the most beautiful woman on earth even after you gave birth " I speak my mind .