Chapter Nine~ Surprises Come In Different Sizes

I woke up the next morning with a slightly uneasy feeling. I sat up in bed and yawned, running a hand through my hair. I stretched and felt a sharp pain in my abdomen. Worried, I hopped out of bed and walked over to the full length mirror on the back of my door. I slowly lifted my shirt, revealing my scar although I was surprised to find it perfectly in tact. I remembered what the doctor had said when he removed the stitches and I decided not to worry. He had told me that they might ache for a while after they are removed because of the healing process of where I was cut. I lowered my shirt and smoothed it down. The pain would dissipate. I hope.

I walked over to my phone. There were no messages yet. I rubbed the back of my neck. I was nervous and excited about tonight and the surprise it supposedly held that I was supposed to be oblivious to. 

I flopped down on my bed and glanced at the clock. It was 10 in the morning. I remembered last night. After Harry and I had our moment, Niall and him decided it was time to get back before the others became suspicious. When Harry did turn on his phone prior to him leaving, there were tons of messages and missed calls from 'BooBear<3' on his phone. I could see how he felt bad and I smiled. When they did leave, Hailey invaded my room telling me all about Niall and how much she said they clicked instantly and all I could do was smile. They were obviously already hitting it off and I was so happy! Hailey deserves someone as amazing as him, especially after Ty. She also told me that I had the same last name as the band's drummer Josh Devine. She said she checked and we weren't related and I thought it was funny. She would know that. When Hailey had to go, around 11, I caught Lily and Tyler being awful friendly. I walked into Lily's room and he was laying on his back and she had her head rested on his chest and they were watching TV. They didn't notice my presence. I think they were too busy playing with each others hands. It was adorable! 

Were Ty and Lil having a thing?!

I had immediately stripped down to my undies after that and changed into my most comfortable pajamas hoping to just relax. With all the love in the air that night I felt totally depressed and seriously missing Liam. Some part of me worried he didn't miss me. Had we drifted while he was away. That thought scared the hell out of me. He was my everything right now and although I knew in my brain I should never let a guy take over me like that, my heart didn't listen.

I fell asleep listening to his silk like voice along with the other boys who were now like family to me. I dreamt of seeing him smile and take me to the lake... and at the end of my dream he told me he loved me. That part frightened me. Some may say it is too soon but I know I am in love with him. But does he love me. I decided to brush off even the thought. 

I heard a soft knock on the door and Lily popped her head through the door.

"Morning sleepy head!" She whispered laying down next to me. I starred at the ceiling. I could feel her eyes on me as I closed mine. She rolled over to face me. "How are you holding up?" She whispered and I took a deep breath.

"I don't know. I mean I honestly don't know. What if we drifted..." I trailed off, clenching my jaw. That idea sent chills down my spine. 

"No! Don't even say that! I can promise you that Liam and you didn't drift! Seriously! A love like you and Liam's does not drift. Absence makes the heart grow fonder!" She said with a smile and slipped out of my bed. "Get ready! We are going out!" And with that she was gone. 

Lily took me to a little cafe that was in the heart of the city. We rarely come here and it normally was associated with a big event. I was confused but I didn't ask, nor did I care at the time. I was checking my phone every few seconds it felt like, waiting for a text, a call or something. I knew she noticed because after a while she kept eyeing my phone like it was a demon. We chatted casually about senor year mostly since it was starting in three weeks. She was freaking out but I couldn't even freak out about that.  I was too busy freaking out about Liam.