Chapter 14~ Two Can Play the Jealousy Game

***Natasha's POV***

I was running through complete darkness. I couldn't see ten feet in front of me. I was numb, weak, and running for my life. I collapsed in an alley. The alley behind the plaza. I laid there for what felt like forever, my heart racing. His voice echoed through my head. 

"GET BACK HERE!" The bitterness sent a shiver down my spine. I looked down at my white v-neck. A deep red seeped into its stitches. I brought a shaky hand to touch it. A slice ran up my side. I winced at the pain I could now feel. Dizziness took over me. I looked around and tried to scream. I tried to yell for help but nothing came out.

No one was there. My whole body was shaking. The pain was becoming more and more excruciating by the second. It was becoming harder and harder to bare. I needed help. I was bleeding out.

But nobody came.

The darkness devoured me.

*     *     *     *     *

I sat up quick panting. The same cold sweat and archness consumed my body. I ran a hand over my scar reminding myself it was a dream. That I was still alive.

It was the same thing I had done every morning for around the past month.

I rolled out of bed and ran my hands over my face. Today was the day. My father's funeral. 

I panicked as I noticed I had an hour to get ready. I jumped in the shower, slipped on my black dress and pulled my hair into a soft up-do. A swipe of mascara and mauve lipstick and I slipped out of my room. 

I jumped as I saw Lily sitting at the kitchen table. I thought she was at the hospital. Her hands were wrapped tightly around a coffee mug and her under eye circles were prominent. She didn't look up when she noticed me. She starred at her cup. She looked exhausted and just miserable. 

"Lily..." I said and she jumped up and into my arms. She immediately released more tears. I feel like that's all she has been doing for the past three days. Its scary to see someone as strong as Lily cry. I hugged her tightly and took deep breaths, trying to maintain my own composure. I pulled her back and wiped under her eyes. Good thing she put on water proof mascara. Her black dress was long and complimented her tiny figure. "We are going to make it through this. Ty is strong. He will win. Just like he always did when he had a football in his hand." She laughed through her sniffles and hugged me again before returning to her coffee. 

"How are you?" She said sounding concerned. "You look like you didn't get much sleep."

"I didn't." I said flatly.

"Same dream?" I looked down at her question. I nodded slowly.

Lily's phone and she answered it. I let my mind wander. How the heck was I going to make it thought this?

"Natasha!" Lily said, snapping me from my thoughts. "Spacing much? I'm not going to be able to make it to the funeral." She said quickly slipping out of her dress and pulling on some sweats. "Ty is in surgery. They are removing the kidney containing the cancer. They said it is contained and if they get it out before it spreads..." She trailed off, pulling on a t-shirt. She ran over to me, hugged me, and was out the door before my stunned self could speak.

There was no was I was going to be able to do this. I was going to be at thr funeral all alone. I gripped my aching stomach and checked the time. I had to go. 

*     *      *     *     *

I sat in the front pew and intently watched the priest who talked over my fathers casket. I was watching him but my thoughts had tuned him out. I was miserable here. More people than I had expected had showed up. A lot of people who had known him since he was a child. It was awkward because many didn't even know he had a daughter until they heard about this in the news.