Part 34

"Oh?" Eiji looks up to see dark clouds that are starting to release their contents. "Better call it quits." he muses, turning back to look at his love interest who stands ready for his serve.

"Ne, Ryumi-chan. We'd better go." he urges, making her straighten up, only to receive a thick droplet of water on her nose.

"I guess you're right." she agrees, before rushing over to her things when the few drops turn to many.

"Over here!" Eiji urges, having found a tree to find shelter under, making her drag her stuff over there in a hurry.

It's just the two of them practicing today, with Fuji having other engagements. So they just decided to play against each other seeing as they haven't done that before.

"Mh, it doesn't look like it will let up soon." Ryumi muses. "And I forgot to bring an umbrella." she groans before squeaking as a cold and heavy droplet falls from the leaves above and into the back of her shirt.

"Eiji, this tree is starting to leak!"

"Ah!" he gasps as another thick droplet splashes onto the top of his head. "Guess we have no choice but to go trough it."

Ryumi pouts at the thought, knowing they'll get soaked. She glances at Eiji and does a double take. "What are you doing?" she asks him as he takes off his regular jacket.

He steps up to her with a smile before draping it gently over her head, effectively making her blush. "I don't want you to get sick." he explains innocently.

"Eiji...."

"Okay, let's go!" he exclaims, grabbing her hand before dragging her out into the rain behind him.

They run trough the unrelenting downpour, stepping into deep puddles along the way. Eiji guides Ryumi through the streets that have emptied by now until reaching a red roofed house.

Eiji pulls out his keys, hurriedly opening the door and pulling Ryumi inside with him. There they stand catching their breaths for a moment before a sudden gasp makes them turn to see a young lady.

"Eiji! You're both soaked." she gasps.

"Oh, sis! It's pouring outside." Eiji explains as Ryumi looks at Eiji's sister curiously. He told her he had two older sisters and two older brothers.

This must be the younger of the two sisters as the eldest is living on her own already. She has long light brown hair and eyes similar to Eiji's.

Sensing her gaze, she turns to Ryumi with a smile. "Hello. Let me guess... Echizen Ryumi. I'm Eiji's sister, Hanako." she introduces.

Ryumi blinks in surprise. "Nice to meet you, but... how did you know?"

The other girl smiles widely. "My little brother talks about you a lot. He's very descriptive." she explains, making Eiji's eyes widen in alarm and Ryumi blush.

"Come on. Let's get you something dry to wear." she urges, taking Eiji's jacket from me and hanging it up to dry. "You can borrow something of mine."

"Oh. Yes, thank you." Ryumi says shyly, following after the girl hesitantly after taking off her shoes. She glances back at Eiji who smiles at her encouragingly.

.........

"Well, that's a lot better isn't it?" Hanako hums after seeing Ryumi to some dry clothes.

Ryumi nods with a smile, finally feeling warmth returning to her. "It is. Thanks a lot Hanako-san."

Hanako waves it off before escorting her out of her room, a smile ever present on her face.