Ice and Bullets

"Finn-" Wirt hissed to himself digging his elbow into the glassy ice that was Bill's chamber.

"Is-" his elbow slipped on the ice's surface and Wirt fell face first onto the floor.

He growled and kicked at the block.
"Unbearable!" Shouted Wirt, jumping back after the pain ran through his foot.

"I hate you, Finn!" He called up, through the floor.
"I really do!"
Where even was that kid?

Wirt couldn't use his powers to grow roots, not indoors.

"You're a real idiot, you know that?!" Yelled Wirt to Finn -wherever he was.

Finn had made things so much worse. Not just for Wirt but himself too. And he was completely oblivious to that fact.

Wirt laid with his back against Bill's frozen prison.
"Why don't you just leave his body? You've done everything you wanted to do." Wirt begged Bipper, turning to look him in the unblinking eye.

Wirt sat simmering in silence.
"I bet this is all your fault. Somehow, it's you're fault." He mumbled to Bill.

"But, I need your help. Just this once. I need to know how I can kill The Blue Widower. For the lantern's sake." If Bill could retort he would have probably teased Wirt about his 'night light', it was nice to talk to him, vent to him when he couldn't make any smart Alec responses.

"Because if I don't kill her she's going to put out the lantern. Greg will die with it. You know, that's my worst fear. That's the one thing that I could never, ever, deal with. His life depends on me now and what kind of person am I if I just throw it away?" Wirt wasn't even talking to Bill anymore. He was just letting it out, getting this off his chest.

"I'd do anything...I've already died for him in a way." Wirt looked at his arms. Thin, black edelwood branches twisted around them. Reminding him that his own body was now a prison. He was trapped by the Beast. He was forced to submit himself to this monster. Doomed to one day lose all of himself and be nothing more than the Beast's puppet.

Suddenly Wirt felt a drop of water on his hand.

It wasn't from Bill's ice, it was from his eye. more drops fell and Wirt made the realization he was crying.

What a disappointment. Just as weak as the day I found you.

But no matter what the Beast in him thought the tears continued to fall, soon he found himself sobbing onto the ice.

If he's seeing this I'll never live it down.
Gosh, if anyone sees this I'll never live it down!

And someone did.

"Wirt..? What are you..." Ford paused in the stairwell, mouth agape.

"Is that Bill?!" He yelled. The man pulled a gun out of it's holster which was rested across his chest. He didn't point it at Bill though.

He pointed it at Wirt.

"Pines! C-calm down!" Wirt hissed, he jumped to his feet and wiped his tears away, assuming his usual stoic demeanour.

"Great plan. When do I start?" Ford deadpanned back, not flinching at all.

Suddenly Wirt had an idea.
He held out his hand.
"Give me the gun."