Why I Don't Fear Pain Anymore

I remember back when I was so afraid of suffering. I would ironically make myself suffer for fear of suffering and pain. However, after drawing close to the Lord, I no longer fear pain and suffering. God promises that we will suffer and have issues."I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world." (John 16:33). 

Throughout the bible, you see God's chosen ones go through calamity, humiliation, pain, fear and everything in between.  However, they all came out okay. God never left them. Their stories ended well, and it was worth it. Think of the bible figures you most admire. Chances are they went through some tough things for God. Even Paul, who had been beaten and thrown in prison many, many times, still rejoiced because he knew that "what we suffer now is nothing compared to the glory God will reveal to us later" (Romans 8:18) and "Though our bodies are dying, our spirits are being renewed every day. For our present troubles are small and won't last very long. Yet they produce for us a glory that vastly outweighs them and will last forever! So we don't look at the troubles we can see now; rather, we fix our gaze on things that cannot be seen. For the things we see now will soon be gone, but the things we cannot see will last forever." (2 Corinthians 4:16-18). You see, some of the most beautiful things come from pain and suffering. So rejoice! Be patient and push through the pain of this world, and the reward you will receive will be MORE than worth it! God promises that! 

I have learned to look at pain as simply a catalyst for glory and joy. You should too. Stay in constant communication with God, and he will be right there with you through it all. He will comfort us so we can comfort others. So go out and be a comfort to fellow believers and rejoice in suffering because you know that joy will come from it!