The office ☆ jorbyn

Corbyn besson worked at a local paper company office in the small town of Scranton PA accompanied by his annoying boss, jack, his also annoying desk mate, Daniel, and his not so annoying best friend, jonah. Jonah was a receptionist at the office and worked at the front desk. He had been engaged to his fiance, zach, for over 3 years. The two had an on again, off again type of relationship. Even though Jonah was taken the fast majority of the time, Corbyn couldn't help but catch feelings for his best friend.

It was the night of the office's annual "award ceremony." Everyone in the office would pile into a chili's restaurant and receive different awards. No one actually enjoys going. They all put on a show just to make their boss happy. Corbyn and Jonah were sitting at a table together, watching as everyone received many "awards." Neither of them really cared for the ceremony, it was an off day for Zach and Jonah. The older of the two taking it extremely hard. Corbyn was just there to comfort his friend and help him get through everything.

It was around 9pm when the ceremony ended. Jonah was a little too drunk to focus properly and Corbyn had offered to take him home. "I think I left something at the office, can we go back?" Jonah asked, slurring his words. "Yeah" Corbyn simply answered. The two walked into the office, Jonah going to his desk in order to pick up the thing he left. Dragging himself back over to Corbyn, jonah tripped over something in the middle of the floor. Corbyn immediately noticed and reached out to catch him. Their eyes locked as they slowly leaned in, capturing each others lips in a slow kiss.

The next day was rough, worse then any day before. Jonah and Zach had officially ended things after the younger of the two found out about what happened the night previous. Jonah was talking to eben, one of his friends, over the phone about the whole situation. "Yeah eb, I just don't know what to-" he was cut off by Corbyn leaning into the doorway and asking, "Hey are you by any chance free for dinner this weekend?" "Oh uh, yeah. That sounds good" jonah answered. "good"

After the next few years, the pair ended up together. A few rough patches here and there with Jonah in a graphic design school, hours away but in the end everything pulled through all right.

"And all the roads we have to walk are winding"

"And all the lights that lead us there are blinding"

"There are many things that I"

"Would like to say to you but I don't know how"

song: wonderwall by oasis

a/n I love the office, it's quality tv if I do say so myself. I also really fucking love this song. Fun story, my brother suggested to play it at my aunt's wedding as a joke but I actually fell in love with it and i can't stop listening to it.

words:

512