detention ☆ janiel

it was an average Saturday morning. Most people were in their homes, enjoying their weekends. Daniel however wasn't. He was sitting in the school parking lot in his mom's car, unprepared for Saturday detention. The brunette was dreading the hours to come.

Moments of silence pass, neither Daniel or his mother saying anything. Daniel glanced out the window to see Jack Avery. Jack was the schools "bad boy" Saturday detention was like a second home to him seeming he was there almost every week. Daniel took in all of Jack's features as the curly haired boy walked in the building.

"So are you gonna go in or what?" Daniels mom asked.

"Yeah" he responded, still looking out the window.

"Ok well go. I'll see you later"

"Bye"

Daniel got out of the car and walked into school. The halls were quiet, almost too quiet and Daniel didn't like it one bit. He made his way to the library where detention would be held. He took a seat at one of the tables in the back. He passed by jack on his way to the back of the room.

The two boys waited in silence until Mr. Derry walked into the room, the double doors of the library shutting with a loud thud as they closed.

"Before I leave you two on your own I'll go over a few things. One, no cell phones or any electronic devices of the sort. Two, I will be checking in every few hours and I expect to see you in theese exact spots, completely silent. You are not to talk or leave the room at any time. Now, I will be in my office. Good day."

Mr. Derry walked out of the library, locking the doors in the process. Daniel sighed, placing his head down on the table. Jack groaned, standing up and wondering around the library. Daniel's head perked up when he heard the tearing of paper. He looked up to see Jack, ripping pages out of books.

"What are you looking at?" Jack sassed, ripping another page out of what looked to be "to kill a mocking bird"

"Why are you ripping pages out of that book?"

"Dunno, bored"

"Well sit back in your seat, I don't want you getting us in trouble."

"No. I dont think I will."

The curly haired boy ripped another page out of the book. Daniel just stared at Jack, taking in everything that was going on. The way he flipped through the pages, finding the perfect one to rip.

"Y-you should really stop that now."

"So what's your name?" Jack asked, changing the subject and putting the now empty book back onto the shelf it was on before.

"Daniel."

"Typical."

"What's that supposed to mean?"