lanterns ☆ janah ☆ pt.2

Jonah's POV

As I read the secret written on the piece of small paper one more time, I noticed it was Jack's handwriting. That just made it 10 times better.

Crumbling up the paper and putting into my back pocket, I walk over to where the boys are now sat down on the lawn.

It starts getting late so we decide to go inside. I knew I had to confront Jack about what he wrote down as his secret but I didn't want to do it now.

*the next morning*

"Hey Jack, Can I talk to you?" I ask

"Yeah"

"So last night, when, you know, we were watching the lanterns, I think the paper from yours fell out." I hesitated

"O-oh. Well did you read it?"

"Maybe?"

"Jonah why'd you do that?! What I wrote down on that paper was super important to me! I didn't want anyone to know that- that-"

"That you like me?" I say, cutting him off

"Yes." He sighs, looking down at his feet.

"I'm sorry"

"It's fine" he pushes past me, hitting my shoulder on his way upstairs.

"Jack wait!" I run after him

"Jack! Jack c'mon! Open up! I know youre in there. I-im sorry, I shouldn't have read it. Just, come out. I wanna talk." I say, knocking on his door until he opens it.

"What do you-"

Without thinking, I smashed my lips onto his, snaking my arms around his waist. It lasted for a few seconds before Jack pulled away.

"Why?" He asks

"Why what?"

"Why did you do that? Why did you kiss me? Why?" He says almost on the verge of tears.

"Because I like you too." I admitted

"No, no you don't"

"Yes, I do. Here." I say, pulling out a slip of paper from my pocket.

"What is this?" Jack asks in confusion.

"Just open it"

He slowly unfolds the paper and reads what I wrote on it.

"I wish Jack would like me back. Who wrote this?" He asks

"Me. It was supposed to go in the lantern last night but I couldn't bring my self to let that go." I admit

"So you do like me."

"Yes. Alot. I always have. I'd go as far as to say that I love you."

Jack's POV

He can't possibly love me. No one does. It's probably some sick joke he's playing just to mess with my feelings. You can't trust it Jack. You cant.

"You ok?" Jonah asks, placing a hand on my shoulder.

"Yeah. I'm fine" I reassure him, with a fake smile

"Quiet when I'm coming home and I'm on my own"

"And I could lie, say I like it like that, like it like that"

"Yeah I could lie, say I like it like that, like it like that"

"But nothing is better sometimes"

"Once we've both said our goodbyes"

song: when the party's over by Billie eilish

a/n: again, don't know if I wanna end this here

words:

500